SASS Wire Forum

cocking pistols

Capt. Rosecrans

Howdy (again) Capt.

I agree that we really aren't at odds with each other. I will say this: I don't support your chosen way of shooting, but I will support to the death right to shoot as you choose.

And Widder, What on earth were your guns being inspected for? A hidden gas operating system? A clandestine belt feed?

Rev. Chase

7 minutes ago, Reverend P. Babcock Chase said:

Howdy (again) Capt.

I agree that we really aren't at odds with each other. I will say this: I don't support your chosen way of shooting, but I will support to the death right to shoot as you choose.

And Widder, What on earth were your guns being inspected for? A hidden gas operating system? A clandestine belt feed?

Rev. Chase

Trick hammer..... an automatic hammer drop when the action was being closed on a 97.

And one time, I think someone thought I was going to the line with a round in the mag tube, although I wasn't

actually accused of it.

Stuff happens.

..........Widder

About 15 years ago when I was still working I'd show SASS videos to buddies. Badlands Bud, Lead Dispenser and others.  I would carefully explain beforehand what the shooters were doing.  Revolvers and rifle loaded, shotgun unloaded. Of course these top shooters were fast with all of the guns but it was difficult for my friends to believe that the shotgun started empty. I'd have to replay it several times for them to have a chance to see most of these shooters single loading over the top. Even then they had their doubts.

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

And why has one of my firearms been inspected a few times, when no one else firearms are inspected?

Just the "wanna-bes" checking yer guns fer that "gamer" peanut butter lube you sometimes sneak in with.

image.gif.8dae7424f2619649ced550951ab8adc9.gif

I never saw John Wayne or Clint Eastwood use two hands. (That's not entirely true.  I've seen The Man With No Name fan his six guns on a few occasions.)  Duelist is coolest. 

:D

On a slightly more serious note:  As long as you're being safe and within the rules I don't give a rat's patoot how you shoot.  We're all here for the same thing, to have fun.  I'll do it my way and you do it yours. I've never EVER understood how somebody else's idea of fun could possibly detract from mine. Or how me using short stroked pistols and rifles could cause somebody else heartache. That just baffles the Hell out of me. :wacko:

But, but, but . . . . for those who "think" we should ALL be shooting one handed, just like "back in the day," this game we play was never intended to be a "reenactment" game.  Was just to be a way to play a game with Single Action guns and stuff.

23 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Adding to Capt BB's post, I have numerous times heard AND READ on this forum, that the speed demons are ruining 

SASS..... "Their hurting the game".

So what's a person to think when their chosen style of shooting is demonized by others?

And why has one of my firearms been inspected a few times, when no one else firearms are inspected?

..........Widder

Maybe the glint in your eye or the smirk on your face?;)

I'm coming in late to this one (Probably a good thing). If you just like shooting one handed, shoot regular duelist style with the offhand or sign up for something age based or b western style. Cock it with the offhand and then remove it to pull the trigger. No harm and you shoot how you want. Just because you can't shoot that way in Duelist style categories shouldn't stop you shooting how you want.

Personally speaking, it doesn't matter to me if someone is a "purist" or a "gamer" we all want to have fun. You don't have to shoot two handed or gunfighter to be a "gamer" either.:P

Archived