SASS Wire Forum

ISO: Baikal MP220 12ga extractor

Last Call Saul

2 weeks before the Gunsmoke extractor on my main match shotgun is broken :( - it is a Baikal MP-200 with the larger hourglass extractor - the top pin of the extractor worked itself loose - looks like the extractor was reshaped a little too much and within a year top pin worked itself loose

Hope anyone has a spare part?

20220828_134645.jpg

20220828_134649.jpg

6 hours ago, Lunger Dan said:

Could cut it in half and perma fix the top half in...thats what I did with mine works nicely

can you share some pics? I think I understand what you mean, but just to be sure...

I see how you are missing that chunk on your piece next to the the pin-but it shouldnt matter...Id use some JB to finish the gap-leave it or maybe build up with solder..thats not a high pressure area

1web.jpg

2web.jpg

3web.jpg

4 hours ago, Lunger Dan said:

I see how you are missing that chunk on your piece next to the the pin-but it shouldnt matter...Id use some JB to finish the gap-leave it or maybe build up with solder..thats not a high pressure area

1web.jpg

2web.jpg

3web.jpg

so, is the bottom pin enough to keep the extractor aligned? I am concerned that the extractor can twist on the bottom pin if I do that

There is a flat on the bottom pin that the set screw rides, this keeps it aligned...Ive never had a problem with it
P.S.: I did mine not because it was broken, but I wanted rid of the hourglass and in searching Baikal stuff...I found another Cowboy who had done this mod....it was on some extensive write up online about someone slicking a baikal

well.  I will try to reshape the top part and secure the pin in it with JBweld today.  if it fails on Saturday match, I will go for the cut - looks like I will need to also work on my set bolt - it's too short and needs work to keep everything aligned... unless I can source a spare extractor

Archived