SASS Wire Forum

New U.S. Army Program

Army recruiting is way down and there is an interesting sentence describing the need for a new program -

"Just 23% of young people ages 17 to 24 are physically, mentally and morally qualified to serve without receiving some type of waiver. Moral behavior issues include drug use, gang ties or a criminal record."

So they are starting a new program where people that have been rejected can go into a pre-basic training program to help them pass the Army entrance tests.  The sample practice tests are available in the Apple Store.  Notice the age group for the test is 9 years old.  This is scary.  So less than 25% of new recruits can pass a test designed for nine year olds.

912157927_ScreenShot2022-08-28at10_59_06AM.png.1d657e296f6d8a92e3d8947187048907.png

When I was in HS I can’t tell you how many other kids around my age were made the offer by a judge of jail or military service . It worked out well for a few of them . Maybe it’s time to start making that offer again . 

15 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

When I was in HS I can’t tell you how many other kids around my age were made the offer by a judge of jail or military service . It worked out well for a few of them . Maybe it’s time to start making that offer again . 

I heard lots of horror stories about that program from a couple of retired Viet Nam era NCOs.  I know it helped some few.

20 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

I heard lots of horror stories about that program from a couple of retired Viet Nam era NCOs.  I know it helped some few.

This was after the draft was eliminated . I had a few friends that it turned their life around. I’m not saying make it easy on them but if you have a chance to turn someone into a productive member of society vs a life long criminal? I also saw it go both ways. They also may not have a choice if they need the numbers , if we were to get into it with China or Russia. 
I think an all volunteer military is ideal , but if they can’t attract enough people the draft will be re instated. The draft was eliminated just before I turned 18 so I never experienced it . My father was drafted and always has told me we’re allot of people that shouldn’t have been there , for a variety of reasons. But he also said you were never lacking for manpower. So I guess pick your poison 

2 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I was in basic with a guy who dropped out of school after third grade in Connecticut. I was thinking maybe he was part of Project 100,000, aka McNamaras Morons, but that didn’t start till late ‘66.

My dad told me he was in with some guys that were happy to have shoes and clothes without holes in them or in some cases shoes at all . Have 3 squares a day and wash more often than once a week . They thought the military was a great deal . 

20 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

My dad told me he was in with some guys that were happy to have shoes and clothes without holes in them or in some cases shoes at all . Have 3 squares a day and wash more often than once a week . They thought the military was a great deal . 

Nowadays those same people are on Welfare, Unemployment, and Food Stamps, being given housing and food by the rest of us, while having enough from their draw to have decent cars, cell phones, (and those might just be free too, think Obamaphones), big screen T.V.s with the Cable or Satellite Dish, beer, cigarettes, and the drug(s) of their choice. :angry: All without giving back to the country they freeload off of.:FlagAm:

A lack of discipline, scholastic leftist manipulation, and a lack of moralistic teaching by parents has a lot to do with this. Also, the whack jobs in charge in the Army and the way they create their standards is also to blame. 

Because the Army has lowered its standards and granted so many wavers it is now home to several gangs. They are diverting military gear back to their fellow gang members.  A few have been caught but how many others haven't.

5 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I was in basic with a guy who dropped out of school after third grade in Connecticut. I was thinking maybe he was part of Project 100,000, aka McNamaras Morons, but that didn’t start till late ‘66.

That progam was supposed to limit Mac's 100,00 to one per battalion.  I had two in my company when I took over command and both were out of the Army within four months.

So much that McNamara did was a disaster.

Snowflake college (male?) student that waited on us at the ice cream shop tonight had pink hair, mascara and plastic stars in his hair.

I figure that if Putin and Xie attack the USA, the military will be 50-75 million grey/no hair fellas wearing 36" and larger pants.  The been-there/done-thats is still a force to be reckoned with while the should-be's can continue to look for their lost gender.

3 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

I figure that if Putin and Xie attack the USA, the military will be 50-75 million grey/no hair fellas wearing 36" and larger pants.  The been-there/done-thats is still a force to be reckoned with while the should-be's can continue to look for their lost gender.

What do you think the headlines would say if a bunch of fat senior citizens wearing Cowboy hats, firing lever action rifles, yelling, "I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY", and "FILL YOUR HAND YOU S.. OF A B...H!" took on their combined armies?:lol:

5 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

What do you think the headlines would say if a bunch of fat senior citizens wearing Cowboy hats, firing lever action rifles, yelling, "I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY", and "FILL YOUR HAND YOU S.. OF A B...H!" took on their combined armies?:lol:

Headline:

“Hostile right wing separatist vigilante group engages mostly peaceful foreign diplomatic committee with violence”

The US Army is a cross section of the American populace.  When you have a citizen base that celebrates those who are physically, mentally, and morally compromised you have no choice but to field a military force comprised of Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airpersons, that are physically, mentally, and morally compromised.  

Standards are negotiable - welcome to the new normal.

Qualification checklist for U.S. military service: Take candidate's temperature. If he/she has one: Passed. :( 

BTW, one reason Imperial Japan did NOT consider an invasion of the U.S. mainland was they figured there would be an armed citizen behind every rock and tree!  That was then, don't know about now! :(

6 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

That was then, don't know about now! :(

Just for sport, we would need to let any invading force have there way with S. California. 

look at the bright side, while the ruskies are laughing themselves silly about the he/she/its with multi color hair running around trying to figure out which end of their guns to shoot with we get a little more time to acquire a good sight picture and decide what kind of sweep were going to shoot

On 8/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I had a whole company of those to train.  It was very difficult.  All of them were 11B or 11C  MOS.  Most of them were is such bad physical shape you couldn't even run them a quarter mile - they would be spread out and barfing along side the road. 

STL Suomi

Yeah…gun owners can’t even fend off a bunch of limp-wristed leftists and keep them from infringing on our Constitutional Rights. I’ll bet Russia and China are quaking in their boots…

On 8/28/2022 at 2:07 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Army recruiting is way down and there is an interesting sentence describing the need for a new program -

"Just 23% of young people ages 17 to 24 are physically, mentally and morally qualified to serve without receiving some type of waiver. Moral behavior issues include drug use, gang ties or a criminal record."

So they are starting a new program where people that have been rejected can go into a pre-basic training program to help them pass the Army entrance tests.  The sample practice tests are available in the Apple Store.  Notice the age group for the test is 9 years old.  This is scary.  So less than 25% of new recruits can pass a test designed for nine year olds.

If they fail, they go right onto politics.

On 8/29/2022 at 7:40 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah…gun owners can’t even fend off a bunch of limp-wristed leftists and keep them from infringing on our Constitutional Rights. I’ll bet Russia and China are quaking in their boots…

That is because except for gun owners who are prohibited persons, too young, felons or adjudicated mentally ill they wouldn't shoot someone unless they or other person were threatened with great bodily harm.  Fending off those that want to infringe on our god given rights codified by the BOR requires political persuasion or the courts.  It may take many years to get the SCOTUS to hear a case re. rights infringements.  It took until 2008 for SCOTUS to state that "A well regulated militia being necessary for a free state" didn't restrict the people's right to keep and bear arms to those who are members of state regulated militias.  Until Heller federal courts misinterpreted Miller.  Because there wasn't five textualist justice's Scalia had to narrow his majority opinion.  Even then lower court judges chose to ignore the common use language in Heller.  This really pissed off Thomas which he expressed over the years.  Unfortunately the Chief Justice is a squish who worries about the public's view of SCOTUS so Thomas could not count on his vote to correct the lower courts interpretation of Heller so except for a NYSRPA v NY City where NY City & state changed the law which mooted the case no 2A case was granted cert until "The Notorious RBG" took a dirt nap in 2020 and DJT & Senate filled her seat with Amy Coney Barret did Thomas have an almost slam dunk guarantee of 5 justices who'd side with his opinion would 4 justices vote to grant cert. for a 2A case.  The 1st case appealed to SCOTUS that covered the bearing of arms was NYSRPA v Bruen.  When it was leaked that Thomas would write the majority opinion 2A  rights experts knew the opinion wasn't going to be narrow.  Thomas's opinion is very broad & will lead to years & years of 2A litigation.  It will be many years before residents of the may issue states have the same rights as those in shall issue states; because, many of these states have retained "good moral character" clauses and worse they have added psychiatric evaluations & greatly increased sensitive areas.  Unfortunately many federal judges are sympathetic to these hippophobic politicians.  most of the circuit courts covering these states are participating in these delaying actions.   I hope SCOTUS will handle these cases using the Rocket Docket.  You know that the NY AG's office is desperate to find historical, <1900, evidence of restrictions on who can legally possess firearms when they cite laws that banned possession by indigenous people, African Americans & Catholics.  

P.S.  My middle grandson graduated from jump school today.  He like one of his cousins didn't require any wavers to be accepted by the Army.  He did have to quit smoking pot many months before entering Basic.  Both he & his cousin have a 25 prefix MOS.  Both enlisted to get training that have high income potential.  

Archived