SASS Wire Forum

Short stroke using cut/weld lever?

Matthew Duncan

3 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Who's fooled folks into thinking that they've built a better mousetrap?

Seems to me that those gunsmiths that have come along after the Cut/Weld era have significantly bettered the SS design.

Phantom

Everyone has their own opinion on the subject. I’ve owned or used guns from most of the big name gunsmiths in the game for the last 23 years. I’ve yet to see one style of SS overwhelmingly superior to the other in either smoothness of operation or dependability. 

1 hour ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Everyone has their own opinion on the subject. I’ve owned or used guns from most of the big name gunsmiths in the game for the last 23 years. I’ve yet to see one style of SS overwhelmingly superior to the other in either smoothness of operation or dependability. 

Yesyesyes...everyone has their own opinion.

But I was just curious about your comment on being "Fooled"...if there was some kind of backstory to this.

I've handled a few different rifles modified by a few different gunsmiths in my limited time here in SASS and I can without a doubt say that there is a discernible difference. Not to say that there is only one gunsmith that can produce a rifle that measurably better than all the rest.

Phantom

2 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Don't confuse having been "over Buffed" to the point of being prematurely worn out as "slick."  

Learned that that hard way with a certain 97 smith. I believe the term you used was he gets “buffer happy”

Phantom

I’m sure we could go back and forth for a few days and steal the original post from the poster, but that’s not what I wish to do. I do look forward to sitting down at the next match we are both attending and further this discussion over a bottle of soda pop. Until then, enjoy the rifle of your choice and I will do the same.  

Doc

3 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Looks like the 2 of you will be at Landrun. I'm buying the soda.

Hells Comin 

Soda is great when mixed with Whiskey.

And I'm always up for a good debate!!!

:D

Archived