SASS Wire Forum

The Russians are coming! Cowboy Action Shooting national level.

Warden Callaway

That was pretty neat. They aren't in much of a hurry! :D Hard to tell if any of them were gamers! ;)

I was wondering if these are very well to do Russians ? Can the ordinary “middle class , whatever that is” , afford to and legally do this . At one point I saw a Thompson, don’t know if it was semi or full . And there seemed to be some short barrels on a couple of the long guns so I guess there’s no NFA equivalent in the USSR 

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

Interesting scenarios. Lots of elaborate stages.  You think they were firing blanks at the card table? 

I'm thinking so, as the front of their prop wall would be all shot up.

Have no doubt about it guns are controlled. But the millions of people who own cars have enough resources to own guns, even if the cars are imported right hand drive used cars from China and Japan.  I’d bet more than half of you would come under investigation for the sizes of your armories though.

———

note I did not say arsenals. Arsenals are places were weapons are made, armories are where weapons are stored.

9 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I’d bet more than half of you would come under investigation for the sizes of your armories though.

———

note I did not say arsenals. Arsenals are places were weapons are made, armories are where weapons are stored.

So Russia is allot like Illinois right now , where they have elevated taking FOID cards away. Read a article where they have recently taken away over 2000 . No FOID card no guns for you , without being charged with any crime or having your day in court . You’d think if they had a reason to take your rights away from you they would have to convict you of something 

20 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

So Russia is allot like Illinois right now , where they have elevated taking FOID cards away. Read a article where they have recently taken away over 2000 . No FOID card no guns for you , without being charged with any crime or having your day in court . You’d think if they had a reason to take your rights away from you they would have to convict you of something 

Illinois started with the FOID cards in 1968 and it is still around because the judicial system is corrupt. Honorable judges would have upheld the 2nd Amendment rather than  subvert it.

Very cool!  Shows just how similar we really are

The set up for each shooter and then the total clean up of broken bottles and dishes?:blink:

Like was said though...I too saw lots of smiles. CAS is just fun. 

We got to shoot CAS In Italy a long time ago. It was the same there. 

JEL

Fun looking stages.  Interesting how most if not all shooters featured were shooting their revolvers duelist style.  I noticed revolver fanning, receiver mounted sights and movement with a closed shotgun, so their rules must be a little different.  

I showed this to the two Russian twins that work with me. One is going to watch the entire video and give me the gist of everything, but she did say when the guy was taking about the firearms he basically said that they belong to a distributor and the distributor brought them to a match for the shooters to share. He then talked about the difficulty of the sport. He also said how much fun it was. 

I'll advise more when I find out if others are a interested as I am about scat he said. 

JEL

On 8/27/2022 at 8:02 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

…I’d bet more than half of you would come under investigation for the sizes of your armories though....

Because the Government states ”Guns are evil” is the reason I don’t own one.

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Because the Government states ”Guns are evil” is the reason I don’t own one.

I don’t own “one” either. ;)

Archived