SASS Wire Forum

Lots of stitches

DeaconKC

Good evening folks, rough day yesterday. Tripped going to my Doctor, hit my head on a brick cornerstone, got into the Doctor's office covered in blood, bleeding like a pig. Wound up having to get a dozen stitches in my scalp. Definitely could have done without that. No concussion thankfully and being spoiled by the Missus. Think I will grab some coffee.

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Glad you're ok.

You going to be at Comin at Cha this year? I'll be there Thursday for the Yard Sale.

Thanks, yup I'm gonna be there Wednesday. See you then!

Glad you’re okay. Head wounds are a…I was going to say pain, but Duh! Of course they are. 12 stitches. More proof that when you do something you sure do it right. No scratches for you. It’s stitches by the dozen! :lol:

Bottles, get DeaconKC anything he wants. Put it in my tab…yeah the top one. It don’t matter whose name is on it. ;)

Remember!!  Scars are tattoos with better stories!!

Glad you’re gonna’ be okay!

Buddy of mine once walked into a low hanging piece of corrugated roofing tin.  Right bloody, it was, slicing just below the hairline - took about a dozen or so stitches.

For many years following he referred to it as "my lobotomy scar!"  :rolleyes:

Almost called you, until I realized what time it was, even out your way,

I hope you're feeling better.

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Buddy of mine once walked into a low hanging piece of corrugated roofing tin.  Right bloody, it was, slicing just below the hairline - took about a dozen or so stitches.

For many years following he referred to it as "my lobotomy scar!"  :rolleyes:

I'm stealing that "Lobotomy Scar" line! :D

6 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Remember!!  Scars are tattoos with better stories!!

Glad you’re gonna’ be okay!

Oh gosh.....we could talk all night.   :lol:

..........Widder

Let me be the first to congratulate you on NOT posting photos of your injury. Some people seem to think it’s obligatory to post pics of there injury or latest operation these days. I don’t know if it’s to get sympathy or what. I’ve see enough gore

Glad it was not more serious. Scalp wounds are among the bloodiest for sure. I hope your didn’t ruin a good hat.

14 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Good evening folks, rough day yesterday. Tripped going to my Doctor, hit my head on a brick cornerstone, got into the Doctor's office covered in blood, bleeding like a pig. Wound up having to get a dozen stitches in my scalp. Definitely could have done without that. No concussion thankfully and being spoiled by the Missus. Think I will grab some coffee.

Heck of a way to bypass the waiting room...gamer.

Just kiddin. :P

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Let me be the first to congratulate you on NOT posting photos of your injury. Some people seem to think it’s obligatory to post pics of there injury or latest operation these days. I don’t know if it’s to get sympathy or what. I’ve see enough gore

Glad it was not more serious. Scalp wounds are among the bloodiest for sure. I hope your didn’t ruin a good hat.

Hey....I allready appologised for that!!!:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Just Wednesday???

Nope, I will be there through Saturday! You guys still on?

Yeah.  Head wounds bleed.  Will never forget the day (for some reason I had locked the back door) Petey knocked on it & when I opened the door he was standing there with blood running down his face.  He'd done a stupid at work & it taught me I was never gonna know what I was gonna get.

Utah Bob: Did you say you wanted injury pictures??
OK; Here's picture of an injury sustained by a certain unnamed Territorial Governor, earned while he was helping out

DSCF0029.JPG

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Utah Bob: Did you say you wanted injury pictures??
OK; Here's picture of an injury sustained by a certain unnamed Territorial Governor, earned while he was helping out

DSCF0029.JPG

Boy, I hope that's your hand and not your shoulder.:o:lol:

Thank you to a couple of friends who called to check up on me. Healing on schedule, hoping we can still head for Texas this Wednesday for a convention. Get the stitches out when we get home, will feel good to get rid of them.

On 8/29/2022 at 4:53 PM, DeaconKC said:

Thank you to a couple of friends who called to check up on me. Healing on schedule, hoping we can still head for Texas this Wednesday for a convention. Get the stitches out when we get home, will feel good to get rid of them.

Bless your heart!

I was getting ready to check on you!

I was cleaning the 5th wheel, and thankfully Shanley put the pool noodles on the slide....'cause I did it AGAIN!!!

Man...that spot is still tender!!!

So Bob can't fuss...this is the healed scalp.

Why is there such a large bald spot you ask???

That is the area that I made Shanley cut out the hunks of GLUE that he poured out ALL OVER!!!:ph34r:

Glued the daughters fingers to my head too...had to cut her loose at the git go!!!:huh:

20220221_194240.jpg

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

That is the area that I made Shanley cut out the hunks of GLUE that he poured out ALL OVER!!!:ph34r:

Glued the daughters fingers to my head too...had to cut her loose at the git go!!!:huh:

20220221_194240.jpg

Wish mine looked that good! It's about 6" long altogether, kinda Y shaped.

14 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

20220221_194240.jpg

The girl's uncle asked if she was taking up tying flies!!!

facebook_1644795726662_6898773295525390696.jpg

I was gonna make wit' da Wise Guy remark about your being qualified to wear that new cologne ...

... Eau de Payne ...

... but you've suffered enough already! :P

8 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I was gonna make wit' da Wise Guy remark about your being qualified to wear that new cologne ...

... Eau de Payne ...

... but you've suffered enough already! :P

It were tender!!! Still can be!!!

And I probably need a Chiropractor visit!!!

This was before EOT in February.

I cut it deep and about 2" long...

But, it stoped bleeding...and I was not in the mood to ride an hour to the ER...and sit for who knows how long...when we had perfectly good nail glue!!!

Darlin', I'm tryin' hard to think of something intelligent to say ...
... could not come up with a thing, so tried to send you a hug over this-yere confuser ...

... but when I bent over to wrap my arms around the screen, I knocked over my coffee, scared the dog and threw my back out ...

... sorry about that!

Archived