SASS Wire Forum

McCandles...... ?

Widder, SASS #59054

Has your email been hacked?

I got an email from you this afternoon and seemed 'suspicious'.   I replied for you to contact me via SASS Wire 'PM' but

didn't hear back from you.

..........Widder

9 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I got an email from you this afternoon and seemed 'suspicious'.   I replied for you to contact me via SASS Wire 'PM' but

..........Widder

I got the same one as well. I know him and will inform him.

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

'Tweren't me.  Nothing went out from my e-mail.   If someone is making like they're me, I pity them.   They oughta copy a more interesting life.  :wacko:

It was Sgt. Ranger Jake McCandles. He is aware of the issue and working on it.

W,

Was the message suggesting you to open up message and look at a couple of photos THEY thought you might find of interest?

I got such e-mail supposedly as forward from another shooter who I did not think would have sent such.  I informed him that I thought he had been hacked.

bb

56 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

W,

Was the message suggesting you to open up message and look at a couple of photos THEY thought you might find of interest?

I got such e-mail supposedly as forward from another shooter who I did not think would have sent such.  I informed him that I thought he had been hacked.

bb

The one I got said he was having issues with his Amazon acct. and wanted me to order some stuff for him. Happened to another local Pard several months back while he was heading to EOT. I replied as the address was good, but asked who he was with including the dogs names. Never got a reply, so I called him.  No links to click.

Howdy Billy, Eyesa and others.

The email I got ask me if the 'Widder.............' email was correct AND also ask if I had an Amazon account.

Then it stated...... "I need a favor from you".

I replied to the sender to contact me via the SASS Wire 'PM' method. because I wanted to make sure someone hadn't hacked

'McCandles' email.

Apparently my suspicions were legit.

..........Widder

57 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Billy, Eyesa and others.

The email I got ask me if the 'Widder.............' email was correct AND also ask if I had an Amazon account.

Then it stated...... "I need a favor from you".

I replied to the sender to contact me via the SASS Wire 'PM' method. because I wanted to make sure someone hadn't hacked

'McCandles' email.

Apparently my suspicions were legit.

..........Widder

Widder, I need a favor from you...

I need you to go the Chevrolet dealer - order a new Corvette - pay for it and have it delivered to Las Vegas.

I assure you this is of utmost importance.

And blessings will be forthcoming for your generous act of kindness.

Widder, Widder - be careful; I think my account may have been hacked. 

But to be sure; go ahead and do as they ask and when they go to pick up the Corvette - I'll catch them in the act.

Creeker.

---------------------------------------

Two weeks later...

Widder, I am so sorry.  Apparently the dirty rotten scammers got to the Corvette before I could catch them.

But, I have an idea - If you were to go back to the Chevy dealer and try again with a new Silverado 4x4 - I bet this time we get them.

Creeker

(ps. I heard red is the best color for catching scammers - I know it's an extra cost option; but we want to do this right)

---------------------------------------

Three days later...

Ok, they are good.  I missed them again.

But since my driveway is getting full.  Um I mean - uh - since I'm having difficulty catching them; maybe untraceable cash transfers would be the ticket?

My acct. number is xxx123456xxx

Creeker

:D 

Creeker my friend,

Your a few days late.   Last month, I got an email from EYESA asking that  I help him set up a retirement fund and make a minimum deposit

of 100K into his new account, in which he will pay back with 25% interest.    As soon as those interest checks start coming in..... I'll get back

with you and help you out also.    Those checks should start arriving soon...... atleast that is what the email stated.

..........Widder. (broke in Tennessee)

10 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Creeker my friend,

Your a few days late.   Last month, I got an email from EYESA asking that  I help him set up a retirement fund and make a minimum deposit

of 100K into his new account, in which he will pay back with 25% interest.    As soon as those interest checks start coming in..... I'll get back

with you and help you out also.    Those checks should start arriving soon...... atleast that is what the email stated.

..........Widder. (broke in Tennessee)

You did receive the case of Nanner Splits as a deposit gift I presume. 

Archived