SASS Wire Forum

A "different" gun buyback in Miami

Well, this is different!  This coming Saturday, if you turn in your AR-15 in good working order you'll get a hundred fifty bucks and the rifle will be shipped to a needy soul in Ukraine.

Really??  :huh:

Guns 4 Ukraine

13 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Creating a logistics problem for Ukraine because they have nothing else that uses 5.56.

They can do like the Russians did in World War II.

We supplied the Russians with fully equipped Sherman tanks. "Fully equipped" included Thompson submachine guns for every crew member. But since the Russians did not have anything else that used 45, and did not have any 45 ammo besides what came with the tank, they stored the Thompsons in caves, and issued the tank crews PPsHs.

22 minutes ago, Alpo said:

They can do like the Russians did in World War II.

We supplied the Russians with fully equipped Sherman tanks. "Fully equipped" included Thompson submachine guns for every crew member. But since the Russians did not have anything else that used 45, and did not have any 45 ammo besides what came with the tank, they stored the Thompsons in caves, and issued the tank crews PPsHs.

And the buyback program has the cash to do that?

There are all sorts of federal and international regulations involving firearms shipments. I wonder if this is just publicity or if they have though it through?

And as mentioned, the Ukrainians need 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 weapons. And in full auto.

I am very very skeptical.

Give us your weapons of war (which they aren’t) and we’ll send them to the valiant Ukrainians.

BS

26 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

And the buyback program has the cash to do that?

I meant the Ukraines could do what the Russians did when we gave them guns they had no ammo for. Stick them in a cave somewhere and forget about them for 60 years.

7 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

or it could just get diverted to the 87,000 armed tax collectors that we are getting

Not likely

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-irs-armed/fact-check-the-irs-is-not-hiring-thousands-of-armed-agents-job-ads-show-opening-for-specialized-unit-idUSL1N2ZT296

LL

7 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

So the IRS is doubling in size, according to this article. 
Lots of rhetoric and misinformation floating around about this, but one thing for sure, something sure is fishy when a government agency doubles in size and no good can come if it. 

Regarding the “buy back” (hate that term);

Why in the hell is a city, Miami, using tax dollars to buy guns to support another country’s war efforts?

Seems retarded and fraudulent to me. 

Yes 87k armed is an exaggeration. 

They are still hiring 87k more irs agents. Why do they need that many?

Something just dawned on me.

How exactly does this program benefit Ukraine? Anyone one that falls for this deserves to lose their gun. 
The guns aren’t going to Ukraine. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5a7b2a1ced23e85171240c4e616fff61.jpeg

From FAQs:

Where is my donation going? Your donation will be made to the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America (UCCA.org), the largest umbrella organization representing the interests of nearly 2 million Ukrainian Americans, and has been addressing these humanitarian challenges with direct aid delivered to Ukraine.  

From
So, I went to the website for the UCCA.org and cannot find anything about gun donations. 
https://ucca.org/

I find it interesting that Miami says UCCA is nearly 2 million strong. UCCA says they “represent” 1.5 million Ukrainians in the USA.

There is no link on the UCCA site fir FAQs or to contact them to ask what they plan to do with the guns. 
The link to their War Donation Effort doesn’t mention anything. https://ucca.org/ukrainematters/

This whole thing smacks of subterfuge and fraud. 

23 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

How exactly does this program benefit Ukraine? Anyone one that falls for this deserves to lose their gun. 

The irony of the whole thing I find Hilarious Disarm us to send to a country that didnt have a 2A  Umm wait what LOL  dig deeper. 

The Current thing is a money wash and fraud . It sucks that civilians get killed in war but its always been that way nothing new . Collateral Damage . meanwhile lets Ignore that Active SF units are being forced to turn in  load their weapons and ammo in to send to Ukraine , this fact is not in media ,. They are not being replaced they are gone .  5Th and 10th group at Bragg, 155's taken from Korean units , M777's , Stingers from the Marines . NY national Guard Gov Hochul sent all MRE's to Ukraine All ammo from EUCOM being sent there . We did it guys we disarmed OUR military . 

The fact is ITAR its illegal to ship guns/ Ammo  to another Country from private Corps/citizens 

“The reason you can’t run guns into the Ukraine is the ITAR,” said Jim Dykes, a program director for a large defense contractor and an ITAR expert. “The ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) is a federal law which regulates the import and export of defense-related products including arms and ammunition.”

Getting the State Department or the DoD to approve anything, Dykes said, is “definitely a lengthy process.”

“Typically, it takes months not weeks for approval, and it can take even longer,” he said. “If you get approval, fine, but if you’re trying to donate guns to a country without going through State or Defense, you’ll run afoul of ITAR and risk everything.”

No firm capable of moving shipping containers full of guns and ammo would get involved, he said, absent official permission.

“If a company has ITAR approval to sell arms internationally and they try to deliver guns to the Ukrainians with going through the process, it’s highly likely that their international export licenses would be revoked by the State Department,” Dykes explained.

If only there was a fair-minded, freedom-loving public official who could help clear a path through ITAR and other federal roadblocks, then we could all give the brave Ukrainians a real fighting chance.

LOL their "National office " So keep digging and que the Steve Miller song "Take the Money and Run " 
PS the "National Office "  So where did they Get the Cash for buying them ?
https://www.trulia.com/p/ny/new-york/203-2nd-ave-new-york-ny-10003--6050

ukia.PNG

41 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Oops!! They aren't accepting "homemade" guns ... so I guess that means they aren't paying off for "Ghost Guns". 

Of course not Russian Mob posing as Ukraine to get cheap guns LOL   . Not saying thats the case here But I would not be surprised if was or another Fast and Furious . 

My stance on this war from the beginning is STAY OUT OF IT! It's terrible what Russia is doing but Ukraine and it's kinda shady leader knew it was coming! I wouldn't donate anything to them. Sorry that's how I feel!

If only 2% of the more than 160,000 IRS agents are "armed" then would be thousands of armed tax collectors because, math

Now, if THAT is misinformation, then so be it because; math

The fact that there is even an opportunity for misinformation to  creep in around the edges over such a gross display of government over reach should be enough to make people ask "why" instead of spending so much effort looking for fact check statistics to disprove math.

Maybe paying 150 a pop for fullysemiautomaticassaultweaponsofmassdestruction might not be a bad deal after all since clearly the Ukrainians need them more than peace loving Floridians.

Just make sure to report that 150 bucks as income so as not to raise the ire of those 87,000 new unarmed tax collectors.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5a7b2a1ced23e85171240c4e616fff61.jpeg

From FAQs:

Where is my donation going? Your donation will be made to the Ukrainian Congress Committee of America (UCCA.org), the largest umbrella organization representing the interests of nearly 2 million Ukrainian Americans, and has been addressing these humanitarian challenges with direct aid delivered to Ukraine.  

From
So, I went to the website for the UCCA.org and cannot find anything about gun donations. 
https://ucca.org/

I find it interesting that Miami says UCCA is nearly 2 million strong. UCCA says they “represent” 1.5 million Ukrainians in the USA.

There is no link on the UCCA site fir FAQs or to contact them to ask what they plan to do with the guns. 
The link to their War Donation Effort doesn’t mention anything. https://ucca.org/ukrainematters/

No "contact us" link but their contact information is at the bottom of the page.

Screenshot_2022-08-27-14-36-51~2.png

Archived