SASS Wire Forum

My SIL sent a gift

Utah Bob #35998

Some of those "Gimmick " ones actually turn out to be pretty good . I dont do many hot sauces  , as I dont care for the vinegar base so many use . 
Years Back I picked up one in Oatman AZ called 44-40 sauce and well bought it for the label ,, but it actually turned out to be pretty good never found it again or who made it. 
 Looking forward to the review .

There was a hot sauce store in a mall where I used to live. They let you sample anything. It was great. But it’s 2,000 miles away now. ;)

:FlagAm: I thought this was interesting. Found on Amazon.

We set out to make the highest quality hot sauce possible.

We set out to make the highest quality hot sauce possible. 

For us, it's not a race to be the biggest, nor will we cut corners to be the cheapest. We'd much rather focus on making a hot sauce that is almost 90% peppers, and all American grown/made. If you're looking for cheaply made, cheaply priced products that are loaded with chemicals or watered down with vinegar (or even actual water in some cases), we are definitely the wrong company for you. But if you care about authentic, all-natural products made by an organization that is committed to goals that extend far beyond just maximizing profits, then you're in exactly the right place. 

Dead Red Hot Sauce

Danger Close Hot Sauce

Shock & Awe Hot Sauce

Dead Red 

Our classic signature product. Made from American-grown, fully ripe red cayenne peppers that are hand-picked, and then salted down and aged until the mash is perfect for conversion and bottling. An all-natural product that is 86% cayenne peppers, this sauce packs an authentic, aged cayenne flavor that will be very different when compared to other sauces that typically have a stronger concentration of vinegar. Dead Red carries a heat that's just a touch hotter than the cheaper "off the shelf" hot sauces, all thanks to its increased pepper content. 

Danger Close 

Danger Close is a magical blend of red cayenne and orange habanero peppers. We think it's the PERFECT sauce for making buffalo wings--it packs a strong cayenne flavor, but also brings a solid backdoor kicker of habanero heat. While it is a top secret blend of cayenne and habanero, just like the rest of our sauces, they’re all American-grown and 86% of what’s in there is pure pepper goodness. After release, it quickly climbed the ranks to become not only our personal favorite, but our customers' favorite as well. More heat than our classic Dead Red, but it won't melt your brain like a heavy dose of Shock & Awe...at first. 

Shock & Awe 

Not for the faint of heart. While all of our products are made with taste in mind, being made with 86% American-grown orange habaneros, Shock & Awe brings a solid punch of powerful, sustained heat that is offset by a naturally citrusy aroma and taste. That flavor gets accented by an increased depth of flavor and slight smokiness from our aging process that many of our heat freak fans can’t get enough of. If biting into a habanero doesn’t scare you, then jump right in, but if you don’t want sweating and hopelessly drinking ice water to be a part of your immediate future, we suggest you give Danger Close a try first. 

Grunt Green Hot Sauce

Hooah Jalapeno Hot Sauce

Maple Mayhem Spicy Maple Syrup

Grunt Green 

We discovered almost by accident that green cayenne peppers picked just before they turn red can bring a truly unique, tangy, earthy flavor. It still carries that same rich 86%concentration of all-natural, American-grown cayenne peppers. Much of the harvesting of the green peppers happens at the end of the growing season, when these mature, perfectly balanced (but somewhat stubborn) peppers decide to stay green. Most vintages of Grunt Green carry a heat that’s just a touch milder than Dead Red.

HOOAH Jalapeno 

HOOAH Jalapeño is our newest offering and our mildest sauce, carefully blended from precisely aged, American-grown jalapeno peppers. HOOAH Jalapeño carries a mild heat profile that adds a salty, almost pickle-like bite that can be used anywhere. We love it on tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and (our favorite) scrambled eggs. If you want rich pepper flavor with just a casual hint of heat, you found the right product. 

Maple Mayhem 

This all-natural, habanero-infused maple syrup, the perfect balance of sweet and heat, is made from the highest quality ingredients. Vermont's maple trees provide the sweet, and our lightly salted, sun-dried ground habanero pepper mash provides the heat. Use your imagination with Maple Mayhem: maple-glazed salmon, chicken and waffles, grilled brussel sprouts, or caramelized pork chops; the possibilities are endless. It should be refrigerated after opening. 

American Grown

American Grown Peppers 

We support American farmers by growing all our peppers in the U.S. We think you should be able to trace every pepper back to the acre of land where it was grown, and we can do just that. 

Veteran Owned

Veteran Owned 

Our mission is to serve the greater good by creating jobs for veterans, and by donating a meaningful percentage of our profits back to organizations that support our troops, veterans, and their families. 

Don't care for the real hot stuff, but I like Chipotle flavor.  I keep a bottle of Tabasco Chipotle sauce on the table, and some Country Bob's Apple Chipotle in the fridge.

Chipotle-Desktop_Sauce_Page_Header_CGI_Bottles-1920x1080.png

1 hour ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Don't care for the real hot stuff, but I like Chipotle flavor.  I keep a bottle of Tabasco Chipotle sauce on the table, and some Country Bob's Apple Chipotle in the fridge.

Chipotle-Desktop_Sauce_Page_Header_CGI_Bottles-1920x1080.png

Yes. There’s a local outfit here that makes some excellent sauces, I value Flavor over heat. Some are so hot they are not enjoyable. I don’t need to prove my manliness, nor am I of the masochist persuasion. ;)

Here is a sauce I discovered a while back that I really like. It’s spicy, but not hot and boy, is it good on lots of things. I even put it in my spaghetti sauce. Mmmm-Mmm it’s good!

image.thumb.jpeg.5d541c69f1bcff86b1dd86cdd38878fc.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Ghost and reaper both will cause pain in concentration.

I bet that stuff opens your sinuses Bob.

Wonder what the reaction will be once it makes it way to the other end. :rolleyes:

I like my taste buds, and my sense of smell. I'm a Cholula Green sauce kinda guy....eggs, pizza, grits.....

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Here is a sauce I discovered a while back that I really like. It’s spicy, but not hot and boy, is it good on lots of things. I even put it in my spaghetti sauce. Mmmm-Mmm it’s good!

image.thumb.jpeg.5d541c69f1bcff86b1dd86cdd38878fc.jpeg

Yup. Always in my pantry. I much prefer it over Tabasco. I’m disappointed if it’s not on the table in a Max restaurant.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Wonder what the reaction will be once it makes it way to the other end. :rolleyes:

All things in moderation my son. It’s the best way to achieve a more harmonious outcome. ;)

Our locally made stuff. They also have a Habañero sauce. And awesome Anasazi beans.

140F1CCC-2B94-40E4-B429-E04E25060336.jpeg

22633F33-FF19-4D32-9387-82F0E8733081.jpeg

I just sampled the homicide sauce. Very tasty but a little bit will go a long way for sure. :D

16 minutes ago, JD Lud said:

Bob, can you get Santiago’s hot green Chile anymore at Safeway?  It’s not sauce, but loved that stuff and Covid killed it at the stores…got it sent to me time to time 

I don’t know. I make my own.

52 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Keep an eye out for Dave. At one time his hottest sauce was packed in a coffin.

69A7EE57-4558-42F1-AD8C-817FC7250234.jpeg

I have had Insanity Sauce before.prior to the Ghost pepper and Reaper craze. I also used to have one that came with a little skull but I can’t recall the name.

42 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

This one?

30625952-D4B4-459E-9319-570ECF2B6BC0.jpeg

Yeah that’s it. Didn’t used to have Ginseng though. What’s next, kale?? :rolleyes:

Archived