SASS Wire Forum

Aussie friends

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

2 minutes ago, Red Eye Jim said:

A good tip of rum, a good squeeze of a lime, some coconut water and cream, a splash of pinapple juice and ice.  Blend.

............ you forgot the leaves of a gum tree ..... ^_^

Honestly Jack, if someone actually asked me for a Pina' Colada when I'm manning the bar, they're likely to get a shot of well rum over ice and a small can of pineapple juice...

23 minutes ago, Red Eye Jim said:

A good tip of rum, a good squeeze of a lime, some coconut water and cream, a splash of pinapple juice and ice.  Blend.

Koala not Colada. :lol:

I think that would be rum, pineapple juice, and koala poop. Put in a cocktail shaker full of ice, shake vigorously and strain into a highball glass.

Let me guess............................................................................ You have been to the Outback Steakhouse recently?

How do you make the Outback piña Koala drink?
Piña Koala
Build in a Highball glass, fill with ice, top with soda, and garnish with a pineapple wedge. Pineapple juice and coconut soda will work here as well. (**) Pineapple cordial is 500 mL strained pineapple juice, 100 g white sugar, 5 g citric acid, and 2.5 g malic acid.
13 Feb 2020

27 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

Let me guess............................................................................ You have been to the Outback Steakhouse recently?

How do you make the Outback piña Koala drink?
Piña Koala
Build in a Highball glass, fill with ice, top with soda, and garnish with a pineapple wedge. Pineapple juice and coconut soda will work here as well. (**) Pineapple cordial is 500 mL strained pineapple juice, 100 g white sugar, 5 g citric acid, and 2.5 g malic acid.
13 Feb 2020

Pineapple? No Eucalyptus leaf?

5 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And here I thought I was being funny.

You were! :lol:

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Pineapple? No Eucalyptus leaf?

I assume you know what a eucalyptus leaf tastes like?

There isn't enough rum in the world to get that taste out of your mouth:(

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And here I thought I was being funny.

Sorry, I am always the buzz kill:blush:

having said that, if you didn't know that was a Steakhouse thing then that is fricking hilarious:P

33 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

I assume you know what a eucalyptus leaf tastes like?

There isn't enough rum in the world to get that taste out of your mouth:(

Sorry, I am always the buzz kill:blush:

having said that, if you didn't know that was a Steakhouse thing then that is fricking hilarious:P

Koalas seem to like em. :D

Haven’t been to an Outback in 20 years. I did have a Blooming Onion one back in 98. ;)

Stopped going to Outback when they posted the " no gun allowed" sign 20 years back. However they do cater one of the shoots I go to and the food is top notch. The owner is a club member I believe. 

Plus, now that I live in VT, there aren't any near me!

Archived