SASS Wire Forum

There's weird damn people out there

Alpo

I was wandering around this news website, and came across two peculiar wedding stories.

Story A. We have the bride and the groom and the bride's 16 year old daughter from a previous marriage. The daughter has recently learned the joys of origami, and told her mother that she would like to make centerpieces for the tables at the reception. Mama told her that sounded like a wonderful idea, and bought special paper for her to fold up. The groom said that sounded like a stupid idea. Very childish and did not belong with something as formal and important as a wedding. The bride explained to the groom that the three of them were going to be a family, and the girl was going to make this contribution to the wedding.

The next day the girl comes crying to her mother, apologizing for ruining the wedding, and saying that she will repay Mama the money spent on the special paper.

The groom had gone to the child and told her that her stupid origami idea was ruining the wedding, and that both he and her mother agreed that it would ruin the wedding, but that Mama was going to go along with it because her baby wanted to do it.

You know, for some strange reason, Mama called off the wedding.

Then we have wedding B. After a 3-year engagement the bride and groom are getting married. This was to be a small family wedding, of 60 people, and the bride's brother's girlfriend of 11 years was not invited because she was "not family".

The brother said fine, the two of them would not be there.

The bride was quite upset. Their father was dead, so her brother was supposed to give her away. He needed to come. His girlfriend told him to go. He said no. Wasn't going to happen. Got in touch with an uncle, to see if he would give the bride away, and uncle said he would be happy to.

Finally the bride backed down and said the girlfriend could come, if that's what was required to get the brother to show up. Damn. What a gracious invitation. They still did not go.

1st story: good for her for calling it off.  Nobody needs to be shackled to that kind of sneaky, manipulative jerk.

2nd story: the two women obviously had some issues, or at least the bride had issues with the girlfriend.  I'd stay away too.

Those prople are jackasses. Jackassery is not weirdness.

Weirdness is wearing a bow tie with a t shirt or collecting ceramic snake figurines.

The only contribution I have is our wedding.  We were seriously considering having our wedding and reception at a German/American club in Anaheim.  The Phoenix Club.  My family had been members for decades.  Both of us are of German ancestry so what better a place.......  A dear friend of Uno's is married to a Jewish woman who said they would not attend the wedding if we had it "at that place."  That was one of the reasons we chose not to have it there.

45 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Those prople are jackasses. Jackassery is not weirdness.

Weirdness is wearing a bow tie with a t shirt or collecting ceramic snake figurines.

Dang Utah. I guess I’m weird. When I got married, the wife and I both wore T-shirt with bow ties painted on them and Mork and Mindy suspenders. Used the Justice of the peace, Judge Roy L Campbell, BELTON, Texas , Bell County. Been married 43 years. I guess that today, that’s weird too. My last name is Bell

I tend to make excuses to not go to weddings. There always seems to be some kind of drama. I make my presence or feelings known with a nice gift and the cost savings of not having to seat me or feed me.

Family drama is the worst kind of drama.

In Story A, the groom is a POS and she is better off without him

In Story B the bride is a witch and probably has an inferiority complex

I had a weird situation with my wedding!  I ended up with two best men!  One was my racing partner at the time. He had expected to be on the other side of the country with a family situation of his own.  It took care of itself and he got back in time to attend.  He was also a friend of Schoolmarm’s, so there ya’ have it.

The other best man was another high school friend who was always in my corner, thick or thin, and we had the knots, bruises, and scars to prove it!

But the weirdest thing at my wedding was my sister and her then boyfriend, standing on the front porch of the church, trying to talk Schoolmarm out of marrying me!!

And folks wonder why I ain’t very fond of my sister!! :rolleyes: <_<

At our wedding we hired a classic rock band. A 40's style classical band showed up! Then they introduced my 10 years deceased father to dance with the bride and my sister whom wasn't there as the bride's maid! Due to some sort of musicians union clause we still had to pay full price as at least a band showed up.:huh: We had beef or chicken for the dinner, the caterer brought Italian! The open bar turned out to be "no alcohol allowed". Can't make it up. :D We're still married after 46 years. :wub:

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

At our wedding we hired a classic rock band. A 40's style classical band showed up! Then they introduced my 10 years deceased father to dance with the bride and my sister whom wasn't there as the bride's maid! Due to some sort of musicians union clause we still had to pay full price as at least a band showed up.:huh: We had beef or chicken for the dinner, the caterer brought Italian! The open bar turned out to be "no alcohol allowed". Can't make it up. :D We're still married after 46 years. :wub:

Considering all that happened, did ya marry the right girl?:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Considering all that happened, did ya marry the right girl?:rolleyes:

Absolutely, see last line. A definite keeper, as well as her family. :)

6 hours ago, Chantry said:

Family drama is the worst kind of drama.

In Story A, the groom is a POS and she is better off without him

In Story B the bride is a witch and probably has an inferiority complex

I agree with the first, but the second is okay in my book.  Her wedding her rules.  A family affair means no non-family members.

Those kinds of people will soon be forgotten....like my sister seems to be.

7 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I agree with the first, but the second is okay in my book.  Her wedding her rules.  A family affair means no non-family members.

Those kinds of people will soon be forgotten....like my sister seems to be.

Shrug, the woman had been with her brother 11 years, in CT that would be considered a common law marriage.   

Not that I speak with my sister, but if she had pulled that on me, I would not have gone to the wedding either.

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

When are you going to show us your collection?

I’m waaay beyond that. ;)

38 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ and people have told me that I'm weird, ..... obviously they all lied ....... :mellow:

They may have been mistaken, Wobbly, but it doesn’t mean you’re not weird!!!! :lol:

Watching a movie called Waiting for the Barbarians. 
Started out okay. An outpost with a garrison of what looks like Legionnaires but are just some unnamed army in a country that looks like Afghanistan but again unnamed. Could be late 1800s. Pretty standard stuff. 
Then a coach pulls up and a Colonel of the colonial Police gets out.

He’s wearing really odd sunglasses.

It’s Johnny Depp.

I said to myself, “This will be weird”

Because he is.

19018A6C-02FB-490A-9FFE-A0A57C02EF23.jpeg

Archived