SASS Wire Forum

Bank of Australia

Rye Miles #13621

It’s the easiest way for the government to control the people. It’s why they want a cashless society. Look at what they did to the truckers in Canada with the banking system. What they are attempting to do to the gun industry in the US . Doesn’t surprise me a bit , I’m guessing the social credit score is coming soon for all of us 

You folks have your Mid-Term Elections coming soon.

Please vote wisely.

Up here, as a result of a Coalition Pact between the two Left Wing Parties, we won't get a chance at the ballot box for s few more years.

Pray for us.

And if Alberta approaches you to join as the 51st state, please give them a sympathetic hearing and let them in.

11 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

You folks have your Mid-Term Elections coming soon.

Please vote wisely.

Up here, as a result of a Coalition Pact between the two Left Wing Parties, we won't get a chance at the ballot box for s few more years.

Pray for us.

And if Alberta approaches you to join as the 51st state, please give them a sympathetic hearing and let them in.

There is some speculation that he may call an election this coming November.  I'm hoping that it is true.  The pundits say that he wants the 4th win more than anything. He doesn't want Poilivere to get too settled, because he knows that Poilivere will eat him for breakfast during Question Period and any debates, severely limiting his chance for that 4th win.

Here in the U.S., most new vehicle loans are either financed through the manufacturer, at the car dealership or the borrower's credit union.  I don't have the numbers but I suspect that a small percentage of new vehicle loans are actually financed through the local bank.

Wonder how far an electric car/truck will make it through the outbacks?  

One solutions is that all politicians have to use electric vehicles for transportation, no planes, trains, nor gas/diesel vehicles maybe used by them. Then let them wait in line for a charging station to open and wait the time to re-charge their batteries.

No more Air Force 1 also. Pedal a bike to their destination, training wheels allowed.

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

There is some speculation that he may call an election this coming November.  I'm hoping that it is true.  The pundits say that he wants the 4th win more than anything. He doesn't want Poilivere to get too settled, because he knows that Poilivere will eat him for breakfast during Question Period and any debates, severely limiting his chance for that 4th win.

I know Pierre. He's is my MP

He has a nice family and a couple of children.

31 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Until I read this thread I'd never even heard of Bank Australia before. 

Hopefully decision like this one drive them out of business so you don’t hear of them again 

37 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Until I read this thread I'd never even heard of Bank Australia before. 

I can't even get the page to open ..... just blank ......

Anyway, I have never heard of Bank of Australia neither ......   :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I can't even get the page to open ..... just blank ......

Anyway, I have never heard of Bank of Australia neither ......   :wacko:

Alliance for Automotive Innovation President and CEO John Bozzella discusses the prices and innovation of electric vehicles, arguing the U.S. needs access to raw materials.

An Australian bank announced this week that it will stop funding loans for new gas and diesel cars in 2025 to encourage the shift to electric vehicles. 

"We think that the responsible thing for us to do next, is to ensure that our vehicle lending doesn’t lock our customers in to higher carbon emissions and increasingly expensive running costs in the years ahead," Bank Australia Chief Impact Officer Sasha Courville said in a statement on Friday. 

"Ultimately, our announcement today is the beginning of a conversation with our customers and a signal to the wider market that if you’re considering buying a new car, you should think seriously about an electric vehicle – both for its impact on the climate and for its lifetime cost savings."

Tesla vehicles in Australia

FILE PHOTO: A Tesla Model X vehicle is taken for a test drive at a Tesla electric car dealership in Sydney, Australia. (REUTERS/Jason Reed / Reuters Photos)

Electric vehicle sales are increasing in Australia, but still make up a small fraction of all cars sold. 

The Electric Vehicle Council reported earlier this year that 20,665 electric vehicles were sold in 2021, representing about 2% of the market in the country for all cars. 

Tesla accounted for more than half of all electric vehicle sales, as more than 12,000 Model 3s were bought by Australians last year. 

Tesla in Australia

FILE PHOTO: A Tesla Model X car (front) and Model S (2nd L) are photographed at a Tesla electric car dealership in Sydney, Australia, May 31, 2017. (REUTERS/Jason Reed/File Photo / Reuters Photos)

Bank Australia, which also recently set a target date of 2035 to achieve net-zero emissions, said it will still offer loans for second hand gas cars "until there is a viable and thriving market for electric vehicles." 

"While we will cease car loans for new fossil fuel cars from 2025, we are deeply aware that we need to support people not yet able to afford an electric vehicle while the market grows," Courville said.

7 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Alliance for Automotive Innovation President and CEO John Bozzella discusses the prices and innovation of electric vehicles, arguing the U.S. needs access to raw materials.

An Australian bank announced this week that it will stop funding loans for new gas and diesel cars in 2025 to encourage the shift to electric vehicles. 

"We think that the responsible thing for us to do next, is to ensure that our vehicle lending doesn’t lock our customers in to higher carbon emissions and increasingly expensive running costs in the years ahead," Bank Australia Chief Impact Officer Sasha Courville said in a statement on Friday. 

"Ultimately, our announcement today is the beginning of a conversation with our customers and a signal to the wider market that if you’re considering buying a new car, you should think seriously about an electric vehicle – both for its impact on the climate and for its lifetime cost savings."

Tesla vehicles in Australia

FILE PHOTO: A Tesla Model X vehicle is taken for a test drive at a Tesla electric car dealership in Sydney, Australia. (REUTERS/Jason Reed / Reuters Photos)

Electric vehicle sales are increasing in Australia, but still make up a small fraction of all cars sold. 

The Electric Vehicle Council reported earlier this year that 20,665 electric vehicles were sold in 2021, representing about 2% of the market in the country for all cars. 

Tesla accounted for more than half of all electric vehicle sales, as more than 12,000 Model 3s were bought by Australians last year. 

Tesla in Australia

FILE PHOTO: A Tesla Model X car (front) and Model S (2nd L) are photographed at a Tesla electric car dealership in Sydney, Australia, May 31, 2017. (REUTERS/Jason Reed/File Photo / Reuters Photos)

Bank Australia, which also recently set a target date of 2035 to achieve net-zero emissions, said it will still offer loans for second hand gas cars "until there is a viable and thriving market for electric vehicles." 

"While we will cease car loans for new fossil fuel cars from 2025, we are deeply aware that we need to support people not yet able to afford an electric vehicle while the market grows," Courville said.

Thank you, ....... but nowhere in any of that do I see a recognisable, regular type, ordinary bank mentioned ........   :mellow:

7 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Wonder how far an electric car/truck will make it through the outbacks?  

One solutions is that all politicians have to use electric vehicles for transportation, no planes, trains, nor gas/diesel vehicles maybe used by them. Then let them wait in line for a charging station to open and wait the time to re-charge their batteries.

No more Air Force 1 also. Pedal a bike to their destination, training wheels allowed.

"Allowed?"  More like recommended... or even required~!  :lol:

Let's see...what would one say to that? "Crikey"!

If I had any money in that bank, I'd withdraw whatever I had in it, faster than a cat could lick his be-hind!

I was reading the other day, about some parents that bought their daughter a used electric car. The batteries went out, and it cost more to replace them, than the price of the car. 

The founder of the Weather Channel was on one of the fake news networks (cnn, msnbc, cbs, nbc, abc, I can't remember), and he said climate change is not backed up by science, and is not so. He said even if it were true, and if the United States could reduce carbon emissions to zero, it would not make any impact whatsoever, since china, and russia, and the middle east, and India, won't do anything about it. 

I am waiting for vacation-joe's electric tank for the military. I can think of some choice pro-nouns to call it, but I don't want to offend anyone with my Navy language. 

The "climate" is changing alright,  but it's not the same "climate" the progressives are bantering about.   November hopefully will send them a "climate forecast" of things to come (and a box of one-way airline tickets)!  

I got my first electric vehicle recently. 

3DF0DC74-0CE1-4F23-9803-3E4AF2DAB1D9.thumb.jpeg.be996be119d174b47ee24ec1cc5aff8a.jpeg

No bank needed. $147 at Walmart. Not a bad little mower. Got an electric weed whacked too. :D

Honestly, if people want electric cars I think they should buy them, but corporations & governments forcing or manipulating people to buy them? Well, that’s a form of tyranny in my book. They might want to be careful. Folks might another use for that gasoline. 

6 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Thank you, ....... but nowhere in any of that do I see a recognisable, regular type, ordinary bank mentioned ........   :mellow:

From Wikipedia

Bank Australia is an Australian customer-owned bank based in Collingwood, Victoria. The organisation can trace its origins back to 1957, when the CSIRO Co-operative Credit Society was formed. Over succeeding years, mergers among 72 other credit unions and co-operative banks eventually led to the creation of the Members & Education Credit Union (mecu) in 2003, which became Bankmecu in 2001, and Bank Australia in 2015.[1]

Bank Australia is a member organisation of the Australian Banking Association, the Global Alliance for Banking on Values, and is a certified B Corporation.[6][7][8]

15 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

From Wikipedia

Bank Australia is an Australian customer-owned bank based in Collingwood, Victoria. The organisation can trace its origins back to 1957, when the CSIRO Co-operative Credit Society was formed. Over succeeding years, mergers among 72 other credit unions and co-operative banks eventually led to the creation of the Members & Education Credit Union (mecu) in 2003, which became Bankmecu in 2001, and Bank Australia in 2015.[1]

Bank Australia is a member organisation of the Australian Banking Association, the Global Alliance for Banking on Values, and is a certified B Corporation.[6][7][8]

..... and no branches anywhere near me .... until there is they shall recieve no patronage from me ..... and then none at all .....   :mellow:

16 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

I believe that I can live without them ........   :ph34r:

On 8/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I know Pierre. He's is my MP

He has a nice family and a couple of children.

And he was born and raised in Calgary, not Quebec as some people believe because of his name.

Archived