SASS Wire Forum

Well, THAT was amusing!

I had to make a run to the grocery store for eggs and some apples this morning.

Needed the eggs for a cake and apples for the salad I was making.

I saw a car with Red and white plates (Diplomatic) taking up one handicap plus another space, (straddling the lines) and thought, "That's REALLY ignorant and went on my way, grumbling a bit because I have a handicapped sign, due to my knees.

When I went back to the van after getting my things, I saw someone else was offended as well: And did something about it.

Dips in our city get a pass on everything; The immunity thing - but sometimes the immunity thing don't mean too much.

Like in this case: Picture four grocery carts ZIP-TIED to each door handle of the car.

Wish I had a camera.

That’s most excellent right there. I have considered tying a train of shopping carts to bonehead’s vehicles but fear that someone else’s car would get damaged as the idiot rolled through the lot. I thought my idea of using a very large permanent marker to air my displeasure on their windshield was a good one. I have done it a few times. But, I like this one best of all. 

Note to self: put some heavy duty zip ties in the car and saddle bags…just not duct tape, garbage bags and a shovel too…don’t ask…

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Note to self: put some heavy duty zip ties in the car and saddle bags…just not duct tape, garbage bags and a shovel too…don’t ask…

I just realized that I carry all of those on my side by side! My subconscious at work?:rolleyes:

I spent some time in the DC area a bunch of years ago.  One of my least favorite memories was jackasses in cars with diplomatic plates.  They'd park where they wanted, run red lights and stop signs, speed, cut off the common riff-raff (us lowly citizen types)... totally immune to the laws and regulations that the rest of us had to abide by.  I remember sitting in traffic on the freeway and having some jerk whip by on the shoulder - going at least fifty or sixty.

CLK's story brings a HUGE grin~!!  :D :D :P :lol:

There was a guy I used to see near work in the area surrounding LAX (LA Airport). The vehicle was a Chrysler Pacifica van / SUV thing. It had Diplomatic plates. I always saw this guy when it appeared he was leaving the airport “the back way” (a street most people do not take to leave the airport area. I would see him on Arbor Vitae and La Cienega heading fit the 405 Freeway south on ramp.
The first time I saw him there was only the plate that stood out, but over time (I saw this guy well over a dozen times) I started noticing a sense of elitism in the actions of this butthead. 
Rolling through red lights.  
Acting a fool at construction zones trying to get through. 
Not stopping or even slowing at the on ramp red lights (these are lights designed to regulate traffic onto the freeway. I don’t know if they really work but they are annoying. 
I took to making sure sure I could get next to or behind the guy and flipping him off every chance I got. My little way of making his life what it should be in our wonderful country.

I have no idea what country he worked for. He appeared Latino. I do know he knew what the middle finger meant. :D

I was told by an LAPD officer that my actions might cause him to file a report. (Oooooooh I was so skeered…-_-)
We worked with LAPD on grade crossing closures during rail ar testing.  I laughed and told him “I wish he would. I have all his violations on video from my helmet cam.” Which technically wasn’t true as I delete most of my video, but a had a couple that showed blatant disregard for our traffic laws. 

The most I’ve ever done was put a note on the car that says, Nice park job A$&@“?!

9 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

I just realized that I carry all of those on my side by side! My subconscious at work?:rolleyes:

Once in a camping trip a BLM police officer asked to look in my cross bed tool box. I gave him permission. He was quite curious as to why I had 2’ long zip ties, duct tape, large green trash bags, para-cord and a folding shovel in there. Up to that point I saw nothing suspicious about it. :lol:

He and his partner were investigating a report of automatic weapons fire in the area. 
I think he could tell by my reaction that I wasn’t up to any trouble with those items, though he did recommend I not put them all together like a kit. :lol:

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

There was a guy I used to see near work in the area surrounding LAX (LA Airport). The vehicle was a Chrysler Pacifica van / SUV thing. It had Diplomatic plates. I always saw this guy when it appeared he was leaving the airport “the back way” (a street most people do not take to leave the airport area. I would see him on Arbor Vitae and La Cienega heading fit the 405 Freeway south on ramp.
The first time I saw him there was only the plate that stood out, but over time (I saw this guy well over a dozen times) I started noticing a sense of elitism in the actions of this butthead. 
Rolling through red lights.  
Acting a fool at construction zones trying to get through. 
Not stopping or even slowing at the on ramp red lights (these are lights designed to regulate traffic onto the freeway. I don’t know if they really work but they are annoying. 
I took to making sure sure I could get next to or behind the guy and flipping him off every chance I got. My little way of making his life what it should be in our wonderful country.

I have no idea what country he worked for. He appeared Latino. I do know he knew what the middle finger meant. :D

I was told by an LAPD officer that my actions might cause him to file a report. (Oooooooh I was so skeered…-_-)
We worked with LAPD on grade crossing closures during rail ar testing.  I laughed and told him “I wish he would. I have all his violations on video from my helmet cam.” Which technically wasn’t true as I delete most of my video, but a had a couple that showed blatant disregard for our traffic laws. 

You triggered a memory, going back 60+ years and a lesson I learned about Diplomats and their dependents.

Short story being, if you have complaint about their actions or behaviours, report it to the appropriate authorities. Not all people driving with "D" plates have immunity and may be subject to removal or fines.

In my case, it was family members driving a car with "D" plates that did not have immunity and the accumulated incidents lead to External Affairs declaring them Persona Non Grata, as I was informed by the RCMP. 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Once in a camping trip a BLM police officer asked to look in my cross bed tool box. I gave him permission. He was quite curious as to why I had 2’ long zip ties, duct tape, large green trash bags, para-cord and a folding shovel in there. Up to that point I saw nothing suspicious about it. :lol:

He and his partner were investigating a report of automatic weapons fire in the area. 
I think he could tell by my reaction that I wasn’t up to any trouble with those items, though he did recommend I not put them all together like a kit. :lol:

So have I missed something?  Are some or all of those items now unlawful?  I carry everything except the trash bags in my work pickup, and use them often in repairing equipment or whatever.  Just like guns, they are just tools.  How they could possibly be used is pretty irrelevant.  

Archived