SASS Wire Forum

Colonoscopy

Henry T Harrison

Well folks today was the day.

Time to get the old hose stuck up my butt. All the went well and I got the see you in five years for just an office visit.

I know that this is a difficult but necessary subject for some people, but it’s so very important. Yes the prep is no fun but the actual procedure is painless just take a short nap and you’re done before you know it. I don’t know about you but I refuse to die from something that can be prevented or cured if caught in time and I don’t relish spending what’s left of my life crapping in a bag.

For your sake and the sake of your family and friends  I beg you to get it done it can save your life 

My wife had it done after experiencing some problems. A growth that turned out to be cancerous. Had surgery on Valentines day. They removed it and a portion of her colon. Tested lymph nodes, zero cancer. Had not gone through the colon wall or spread to anything else.

Because she is in good shape otherwise, not overweight, no high blood pressure, not diabetic, on no meds, she didn't need chemo or anything else. Now she will have regular scans and colonoscopy to keep an eye on it.  After first hearing the word cancer from hrr doctor, her outcome was as good as we could have hoped for. Thank goodness she went to the doctor.

my wife had colon cancer back in 2014, so yesterday was to make sure it had not come back.  the prep they gave her had it coming out both ends literally at once, ad about to pass out.  I called and they gave her a different prep.  they did a biopsy and will let us know.  

My son died of colon cancer at age 37. The doc said they are seeing more and more early cases than ever. Get the test done!

I've had three so far and I still hate drinking that stuff. They tattooed the spot where they removed a polyp. (Not cancerous) Don't ask to see my tattoo. 

Have had four of them now, first had 5 polyps that were precancerous one nearly an inch across.  Since then only a couple small polyps.  Mom had colon cancer. So.... I go and figure the prep qualifies me for a huge enchilada dinner with two margaritas after..

Henry T, thy counsel is wise indeed, thy words are absolutely true!

Had it done my own self.

They warned be before they started I would wake up when it's over and I'd say "Okay, you can start now."
"Yeah, right," I replied. "Tell me another ... zzzzzz .."

I opened my eyes a moment later and looked around.

"Okay, you can start now."

They laughed.

See my GI doc on Monday and will schedule my third in October.  First one was ten years ago, and a few non-cancerous polyps removed. Second one, no problem.  At age 80, I'm hoping they will tell me to see them at age 85.  Butt, we will see! Last time, while I was still under the "twilight" drug, I thought I heard the doc say something, but not quite sure whether he said I have a perfect @$$hole or I am one! :lol:

As to the PSA test, I have had doctors say that it isn't necessary after age 70, because if you got prostate cancer, you'd probably die from something else.  BRAVO SIERRA!  My wife's doc is 82 and he has a PSA test every year...AND SO DO I!  All you have to do is have your regular doc add the PSA to a regular blood draw. 

Archived