SASS Wire Forum

Die Hard

Alpo

Watching Die Hard last night. Bought the five DVD set. Got me to thinking.

I have not seen all of them. The first one, John and Holly have two kids in New York, and she gets a job promotion which has her move to LA. And they are estranged. For 6 months. Then he goes out there for Christmas to try to see if they can get back together. At the end of the movie it is quite obvious that they are now back together again. Yay.

Number two takes place in an airport. Were they introduce the Glock pistol this made of ceramic so it can't be seen by the scanners and it cost more than you and I make in a year. I don't remember where this took place.

The only other one I've seen starts off in Harlem, and he hooks up with a black guy named Zeus. Well, if they're in a Harlem, it appears that he has gone back to New York. Did he and Holly get divorced and she stayed out in California? Did she give up her job with Nakatomi and move back to New York to be with her husband. Or did they just ret-con her out of his life, and he never had a wife and two children?

In the movie, Die Hard 2 takes place at a Washington DC airport.

The actress who played his wife, Bonnie Bedelia appeared in a number of movies during the time frame Die Hard 3 was being filmed, she probably wasn't available, so they just wrote her out of the script although apparently McClane tries calling her on the phone a couple of times during the movie

OK Pards.

No more spoiler alerts for Alpo!!

Alpo: You'll just have to sit down and watch the entire series.

27 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

OK Pards.

1721558386_BronxCheerwet.gif.2fe30beca1adb4f0736b6e66e25cc238.gif

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

OK Pards.

Agreed. :D

By part four it's clear they're no longer together, and McCaine is even estranged from his daughter. It's part of what I liked about the Die Hard series. The hero was a badass but he obviously was a flawed character as well. Not like the characters in Steven Seagal or Chuck Norris movies where they're so without flaw they don't even know what an eraser is.

Archived