SASS Wire Forum

CPAP Supplies

Yul Lose

My CPAP supplies supplier is nearly impossible to communicate with. They rarely answer emails and hardly ever answer the phone when you’re in the cue. This morning I called and was put in the answering cue and put the phone on speaker and worked at the bench and after 3hrs and 22 minutes I finally hung up. They are a company based out of North Carolina with the local office down in San Diego. I’ve even driven down there during the day and the office was closed. Any help would be appreciated. My doctor recommended another company but they don’t answer the phone either.

23 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Amazon doesn’t carry the masks that I use.

1 hour ago, Matt Blasterson, 112488 said:

I use LinCare. Although I have my complaints with the local office, the folks in FL call me every month to get my permission to send out the next month’s supplies. Insurance handles everything; I never see a bill.

The outfit I try to deal with sent me the wrong masks last time and I’ve been trying to get the correct ones for nearly a month now. My wife pays the bills promptly but they say we still owe an invoice for $182.00 from October 2021. I’ve sent them copies of the checks they deposited and they won’t correct it. I’ve sent numerous emails about the masks with no response.

Sounds like the outfit I have to deal with.  I tried to get a fitting to add to my hose for an O2 line and never got a response.  The hospital finally found one somewhere so they could discharge me.

This is the company Uno works with.  https://aerocareusa.com/

Good luck.

cpap.com I have used for years.
Very responsive on the phone, plus helped me get a better deal after mine wore out after 16 years of use.

Go figure... bought a new one... dropped 20 pounds of lard (keto) and no longer need the cpap.

3 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

Sounds like the outfit I have to deal with.  I tried to get a fitting to add to my hose for an O2 line and never got a response.  The hospital finally found one somewhere so they could discharge me.

This is the company Uno works with.  https://aerocareusa.com/

Good luck.

PSA:  :rolleyes:

When you open the "Aerocare" site the first thing that pops up is an ad for the "SoClean" CPAP cleaner - the one that Captain Kirk pushes on television, and which supposedly works in lieu of washing the hoses and masks (sorta).

These things work by flooding your breathing apparatus with ozone.  The ozone will kill any bacteria it reaches.  However, the only way it can reach all the bacteria is if you wash the apparatus first.  Also, many models of CPAP and similar machines can be severely damaged by ozone, to the point where they can be hazardous to use (user may inhale deteriorating foam particles).

So... wash 'em, live long and prosper!  ^_^

Adapthealth 

833-240-0584

They call us as soon as Medicare will approve another purchase of supplies.  I had to tell them, “Don’t call me, I’ll call you.”

Hope they can help you.  New pots, hoses, filters, masks arrive promptly when ordered.  Two satisfied customers here.

Have been using CPAP.com since 2001 when I was first diagnosed. Usually just order what I need and it shows up in 3-5 days. They also have a service that automatically sends consumables on a regular basis.More than a hundred bucks worth of stuff they pay the freight. Prices are okay to very good depending on what you are buying.

Apria is the company I have to deal with everytime I have an insurance change or change in equipment. Have to have a rental for certain period then they will buy it and it is yours. The price they bill my insurance for is about double what I can buy on my own. Had a rental charge that I had paid, they said I had not, sent them the copy of the canceled check and a marked photocopy of bank statement showing they had cashed it. (a lousy $54 that turned into $248 with late fees and interest) After 7 months of getting letters and phone calls and an occasional text one day I got an email saying essentially "our bad this was indeed paid" and to not worry about it anymore. Still have the printed copy of that in case they get a burr up their @$$ and we go around again.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I actually haven’t used my machine in about 2 years after losing 25 lbs.

3 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That’s why Earl left;  he heard you snoring.

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I lost 42lbs and still need it.

'Bout fifteen years or so ago at the end of my annual checkup my doc asked if there was anything else he could do for me.

"Well, Doc... can I ask about sleep apnea?"

"Why... what makes you think you might have sleep apnea?" he asked.

"Uh... crawling out of my tent early one morning and finding a Scoutmaster sitting on a bucket, staring bleary-eyed.  When I asked him 'what's up?' he said 'Damn... been sittin' here wonderin' if you were gonna wake up or just stop breathing forever!'"

"Well, then," the doc sez, "I'm sendin' you to our sleep center!"

Did the take-home test; simple, just put on the 'Michael Jackson-Borg' glove at bedtime, then turned it in the next morning.

Follow-up visit with the doc... he brings up my record on his monitor... stared at it a moment... then his eyebrows went up, jaw dropped, and he blurted out "Damn!  You got it BAD!!"

That got my attention.

"Uh... how bad, Doc?"

"Well!  When you're sleeping, your blood oxygen drops to about what it would be if you were at the top of Everest!"  :blink:

I loves my CPAP, and been a proud member of the "Hose Nose" squad ever since.  :blush:

I have lost 60# and I am getting the Inspire setup. No more machine, just turn on the remote at bedtime, turn it off when you wake up. Medicare approved.

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

'Bout fifteen years or so ago at the end of my annual checkup my doc asked if there was anything else he could do for me.

"Well, Doc... can I ask about sleep apnea?"

"Why... what makes you think you might have sleep apnea?" he asked.

"Uh... crawling out of my tent early one morning and finding a Scoutmaster sitting on a bucket, staring bleary-eyed.  When I asked him 'what's up?' he said 'Damn... been sittin' here wonderin' if you were gonna wake up or just stop breathing forever!'"

"Well, then," the doc sez, "I'm sendin' you to our sleep center!"

Did the take-home test; simple, just put on the 'Michael Jackson-Borg' glove at bedtime, then turned it in the next morning.

Follow-up visit with the doc... he brings up my record on his monitor... stared at it a moment... then his eyebrows went up, jaw dropped, and he blurted out "Damn!  You got it BAD!!"

That got my attention.

"Uh... how bad, Doc?"

"Well!  When you're sleeping, your blood oxygen drops to about what it would be if you were at the top of Everest!"  :blink:

I loves my CPAP, and been a proud member of the "Hose Nose" squad ever since.  :blush:

Wife was driving in Denver and I was trying to nap when some A$$hat came off the road backwards and wrong way hitting us head on at 60mph. Totaled the truck broke both her wrists and one hip, dislocated my right shoulder and left knee and got real deal whiplash in both of us. 
During our recovery she didn’t sleep much and realized I wasn’t breathing correctly. Did sleep study and prescription for cpap followed. 
Fast forward to now. My machine(s) have been to Africa, Israel, floated the Grand Canyon, innumerable camping trips, logged over 1.4 million miles ( out of 2.2 million) as a professional driver amongst other things. In short if they don’t go, I don’t go. The relief that they provide is something that cannot be easily explained but it is really worth it. 
if you snore loudly or irregularly, wake up feeling worn out or extremely tired, if you are carrying extra weight with a large and loose neck. Getting checked for apnea is something that can literally change your life. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I used to use a local medical supply house. Now I get mine through Mayo Clinic. But I am fortunate in that I only live a couple of hours from Rochester. And they have another store about 40 miles from me. And they will mail supplies to me also. Usually just pick things up when either the wife or I have appointments there.

Archived