SASS Wire Forum

Rum Day

Subdeacon Joe

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

There's no rum like Naval rum !!!!

LL

pusser-s-british-navy-rum-aged-15-years-750ml-the-barrel-tap_6112604c-5c74-4c23-aa0b-0c1f0f1e214f_1800x1800.webp

Heard about Pusser's for years.  Official British navy rum (Thus name "Purser's bastardized to Pussers').  Couldn't get it for the first half of my life, so I found Black Flag Jamaican rum, now extinct, which was my favorite rum until I became a tea totaller.  I still had a couple of shots that we toasted my daughter and her husband with when they got married.  All gone now.

Tony "Curly" Cole finally got some Pusser's and we were all looking forward to this legendary drink.  I drank it once and went back to Black Flag.  The Pusser's just didn't strike a note with me.

17 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Heard about Pusser's for years.  Official British navy rum (Thus name "Purser's bastardized to Pussers').  Couldn't get it for the first half of my life, so I found Black Flag Jamaican rum, now extinct, which was my favorite rum until I became a tea totaller.  I still had a couple of shots that we toasted my daughter and her husband with when they got married.  All gone now.

Tony "Curly" Cole finally got some Pusser's and we were all looking forward to this legendary drink.  I drank it once and went back to Black Flag.  The Pusser's just didn't strike a note with me.

I agree. Maybe they used it to make the 

Limeys mad enough to fight. Tried a few other “Naval Rums” too.  Not a fan

Archived