SASS Wire Forum

EOT

Two Dot, 14911

4 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hmmmm....did you really need to make that statement? Especially being Founders Ranch is not a viable range at the time being?

Just don't understand the negative feed back, some 15 years after your visit, to a place that doesn't hold matches any longer???

Since I quoted Mr. Canby in my post, my remarks were directed to him as in a private conversation,  just as your response above is to Mr. Boots by quoting him. It requires no input from anyone else. 

I see no reason for you to take me to task for my statement , in which he displayed a "like" to my post indicating he agreed.

I don't know if you were on the wire back then, but upon my return home I made similar statements about the ranch and conditions. It was a general consensus of those who attended that the conditions were less than ideal and that the dust was the major issue. Vendors had to close their tents to keep the dust out and prevent merchandise from blowing away or being damaged. One poster even stated his clothing in a closed duffle bag in his  camper was full of dust. So, no I didn't wait 15 years just hoping they would close so I could bad mouth them.  It's pretty self evident that the ranch and match evolved into a great event.  I'm just sorry I was unable to attend until now and see the improvements. 

A similar set of circumstances existed when the range was closed and we forced out of Coto in 1991 by the developers who wanted golf courses and not a shooting range. The original setup at Raahauges (Norco) was horrible with berms made out of manure and migrations of insects seeking the moisture of the river behind the range. But, it evolved to a great range and event until 2004 when Raahauge got greedy and wanted a bigger slice of the EOT pie.

Come on Phantom,  you're smarter than that. I said "as in" . When you quote someone you are speaking directly to them irrespective of anything else in the thread.

Just as my post was directed to Singin Sue, not you.

5 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

2,000 miles one way, I’m out.

8000 miles for me one way.:o

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

On the Wire????

Really???

:lol:

NOW, be nice Phantom.:wub:

17 hours ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

Come on Phantom,  you're smarter than that. I said "as in" . When you quote someone you are speaking directly to them irrespective of anything else in the thread.

Just as my post was directed to Singin Sue, not you.

It's the Wire... Open forum for discussion. 

I'm directing this comment to you, but won't comment on or complain if someone other than the two of us comment... It's the American way !!

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

It's the Wire... Open forum for discussion. 

I'm directing this comment to you, but won't comment on or complain if someone other than the two of us comment... It's the American way !!

I like nanner splits:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Hey!!!!

Ain't interject non-relevant topics into my private post!!

It IS relevant to the OP! 

Last year they had really good ice cream but no nanner splits. It's not that big of a stretch when someone asks who all is coming to ask if there'll be nanner splits too!

Come to think about it, I never got any nanner puddin either!

9 hours ago, SouthwestShooter said:

Sassy n Windy reporting for fun n games......................

Hope to see you both at the Warm-up in Tombstone also.

Hey Windy City REd are there any trailer/camper rental mobs in Tucson that we can rent a trailer for Tombstone and EOT. Motel accommodation will cost us a fortune.

Pick up and drop back to in Tuscon.

9 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Hey Windy City REd are there any trailer/camper rental mobs in Tucson that we can rent a trailer for Tombstone and EOT. Motel accommodation will cost us a fortune.

Pick up and drop back to in Tuscon.

Jackaroo, check rvshare.com. They match up privately rented RVs with individual renters. Lots listed in Tucson and Phoenix

9 minutes ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

Jackaroo, check rvshare.com. They match up privately rented RVs with individual renters. Lots listed in Tucson and Phoenix

My experience with rvshare was not good.  When I tried to rent while my trailer was in for repair trailers listed on rvshare were not really available.  Stories like "my daughter is using the trailer" or "I sold the trailer six months ago."

On 8/22/2022 at 8:11 AM, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

My experience with rvshare was not good.  When I tried to rent while my trailer was in for repair trailers listed on rvshare were not really available.  Stories like "my daughter is using the trailer" or "I sold the trailer six months ago."

Thanks Edward, we have several local RV rental companies that we refer people to for EOT. RVshare is always the last one we recommend due to the lack of oversight/control. Good to have some real world feedback.

Archived