SASS Wire Forum

I made it through the day

It is now a year today since my dear wife, Sherron, had to be taken to the hospital and the last time she was in our home.

I went to Church this morning and had brunch with my Godson, his wife and friends from Church.

I didn't had a drink, even a glass of wine with the chicken dinner I prepared for Ian and I.

I can't say I didn't have some wet eyes but I guess I'm starting to get better, but Lord I miss her.

Thanks to those who called me and have provided support. It's appreciated.

34 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

It is now a year today since my dear wife, Sherron, had to be taken to the hospital and the last time she was in our home.

I went to Church this morning and had brunch with my Godson, his wife and friends from Church.

I didn't had a drink, even a glass of wine with the chicken dinner I prepared for Ian and I.

I can't say I didn't have some wet eyes but I guess I'm starting to get better, but Lord I miss her.

Thanks to those who called me and have provided support. It's appreciated.

A year for me last week. I feel your pain Pard. :(

It's been six and a half years since my wife of 51 years passed.

You'll never get over it, but you will learn to keep on with your life.  I talk to her every day, and think of her constantly, but I'm getting along alright.

My prayers are that you (and all the others who have lost or will lose someone) will be able to cope.

My FIL used to live with us after my MIL passed away. He would sob at times. The older I get the more the reality of what might happen haunts me and I feel like sobbing.

Thanks Pards.

In our case, we were married 54 years, when she passed.

I started dating her when she was 17, married when she was 23.

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

You're all better and stronger men than I.  I would fold up like a wet newspaper if I lost my beloved.  I wish you all nothing but sweet memories.

LL

I was thinking the same.

My wife and I have been married 42 years. When we got married I was 19 and she was 20. Everyone just knew we wouldn’t last. ;)

Cold Lake Kid, I have no words that can take away the pain, but I would like to echo Loophole’s sentiments…sweet memories. :)

No thoughts or words for your pain,Pard. Those tears are born of memory, and memories are born of a lifetime of love. My condolences.

Pard;

You have not been with-out my prayers through this past year, and I will continue to cover you with prayer...

I hope that we can shoot together soon at a Canadian Nationals ...

God Bless 

Jabez Cowboy

We’re all in your corner!!  Let the good times fill your heart!

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

It's been six and a half years since my wife of 51 years passed.

You'll never get over it, but you will learn to keep on with your life.  I talk to her every day, and think of her constantly, butI'm getting slong slright.

My prayers are that you (and all the others who have lost or will lose someone) will be able to cope.

Been 3.5 years here , after 30 since meeting her ,some days are better than others but talk to her yep, Niece lost her husband in a car wreck asked me does it get better , I hate to say It, No.   

Shes younger so she can find someone to help fill the space. Me naw not even interested in looking wont find anyone like her , and to be honest I am not willing to change or take on someone others issues .

Thanks Pards.

I'm better today. 

To clarify. it was a year ago she was admitted to the hospital, for surgery. 

The surgery was successful, but she had a stroke on the table and that was the start of her downhill slide.

Anesthesia also triggered "Acute Confusion/Delirium". That, with vertigo, partial paralysis in her legs and inability to walk or stand meant she was completely bedridden. She could not be allowed to return home.

I sat with her every day, read to her and tried to engage her but she slipped further away every day.

After a stay in a Long Term Care Home, I lost her June 9, so it's still very raw.

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Thanks Pards.

I'm better today. 

To clarify. it was a year ago she was admitted to the hospital, for surgery. 

The surgery was successful, but she had a stroke on the table and that was the start of her downhill slide.

Anesthesia also triggered "Acute Confusion/Delirium". That, with vertigo, partial paralysis in her legs and inability to walk or stand meant she was completely bedridden. She could not be allowed to return home.

I sat with her every day, read to her and tried to engage her but she slipped further away every day.

After a stay in a Long Term Care Home, I lost her June 9, so it's still very raw.

If you have a local hospice, they most probably have people who can assist you through rough times.

Mere words are so very inadequate, but our faith gives us hope that the last chapter has not been written for our loved ones, or ourselves. Those that do not believe, have no hope, and nothing to look forward to, and that has to be so much worse.

This life is short, and full of trouble.

The next existence is long and will be full of joy.

We suffer now, we will laugh later. 

But, whoever said "time heals all wounds" told a big fat lie, and for me, closure only will come when I see them again. 

May God Bless all who posted their support for CLK and his Son Big Red ...

You folks are what makes some days bearable ...

And some days a downright Pleasure!!!

Jabez Cowboy

On 8/15/2022 at 9:03 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

If you have a local hospice, they most probably have people who can assist you through rough times.

Thanks UB. I'm very close to my Church and my new Priest in Charge calls as do others in the Parish Family, dropping by and having a coffee. Sherron and I attended St. Aidan's for decades and knew almost everyone.

They used to bring a covered dish once in a while, (Always Appreciated!) until they recalled Lew and I used to put on Parish Breakfasts, Roast Beef Dinners and Chicken BBQs for the Parish and I know my way around the kitchen!!

Last Sunday, after Service, we all went for brunch, including my 76 year old Godson, Lew, and his wife!

My CAS Posse Pards are always glad to call, some who I have never met face to face but who have become close to me.

My local Pards, continue to make going to our club matches fun; Pards like Red Storm, Rooster Corrigan, Palomino Pal, Northern Ranger, Leatherface and his better half Wakanda, Drop Dead Dave. 

Thanks Pards.

Terry

Archived