SASS Wire Forum

Winchester AA

Rye Miles #13621

I stopped in Walmart got 3 boxes of Winchester AA low recoil sg shells 

12.27 a box. I reload but I like to pick ‘em up when I can. Hardly ever see the low noise low recoil shells!

Walmart by my mom in San Antonio has had them on the shelf for several weeks.  Same price.  It has been tempting to pick up a few but have resisted since I am reloading my smokeless shells now for about $7.50/box with current prices.

I found 6 cases of LRLN for $115 a flat. 

Had lots of flavors of AA on hand, but not a ton overall. 

Had a pretty good assortment of Remington STS and very limited Nitros also.  Remington does make some 2 1/2 dram 1 1/8 ounce loads rated at 1100 FPS. The Winchester LRLN are still softer. 

16 minutes ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

Picked up a case at the local  ace hardware this week,  paid $13 a box but all Walmart in tucson haven't had any low recoil aa

The Walmart I went to limits you to 3 boxes of any ammo!:angry:

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The Walmart I went to limits you to 3 boxes of any ammo!:angry:

In the last few weeks our local Wal*Marts ended limits on shotgun shells.  Federal value packs of 100 shells could be bought in any quantity.  A Sporting Clays shooter I know who does not reload just increased his inventory to 3,000 shells courtesy of his local Wal*Mart.  He had spent the last two years searching for ammo.  He sometimes had to stop shooting due to lack of ammo.  

2 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Walmart by my mom in San Antonio has had them on the shelf for several weeks.  Same price.  It has been tempting to pick up a few but have resisted since I am reloading my smokeless shells now for about $7.50/box with current prices.

Abilene,

Which WalMart is that?

La Sombra

1 hour ago, La Sombra said:

Abilene,

Which WalMart is that?

La Sombra

1604 & Nacogdoches in NE SanTone.  They are also one of only a couple in Texas (he told me) that carry RCBS reloading gear and some reloading supplies which are very geared to rifle shooters.  I bought my digital reloading scale there and  cheaper than major outlets.

I was at Cabela’s in SC last week about bought a case of AA 1145 1 1/8 ounce shotshells. They were $129/case and I THOUGHT there might be the rebate…but NOOO! :unsure: 

It was the ONLY case of single box of AA or even Federal Top Gun less than 1200 FPS. MANY were 1500+! I figured I’d get them for my just in case stash. 

Hugs!

Scarlett

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

...It was the ONLY case of single box of AA or even Federal Top Gun less than 1200 FPS. MANY were 1500+! I figured I’d get them for my just in case stash. ...

My "just in case stash" has two cases of LNLR that I bought a year or so ago before starting to reload, when they were the only ones that I had seen for a year before that.  With tax and shipping they were $200 each. :(

• 2 weeks later...

So I was back in that Walmart in San Antonio yesterday and those same 5 boxes of LNLR AA's were still sitting there.  I couldn't stand it, I bought two.  But the cool thing is that there was a single bottle of powder on the shelf.  The only powder I've seen there at all in the last few years.  Titegroup!  Price was $27.xx .  Of course I grabbed it.  Not my favorite powder but useful.  The other labels on that empty powder shelf are mostly Hodgdon "non-useful for CAS" stuff, but there is a label for Unique.  $30.xx.  So I'll keep an eye out for it but if it ever makes it there it will surely be at the other big distributors by then.

Archived