SASS Wire Forum

Alec Baldwin pulled the trigger

In a stunning report that should surprise no one, the FBI, that bastian of law enforcement professionalism and integrity, after a 9 month investigation, finally figured out that Baldwin had to have pulled the trigger.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/fbi-confirms-alec-baldwin-pulled-trigger-in-fatal-rust-shooting/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

In a stunning report that should surprise no one, the FBI, that bastian of law enforcement professionalism and integrity, after a 9 month investigation, finally figured out that Baldwin had to have pulled the trigger.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/fbi-confirms-alec-baldwin-pulled-trigger-in-fatal-rust-shooting/

They should have asked anyone of us!

Get a load of the ignorant garbage here: https://www.kcra.com/article/fbi-report-confirms-alec-baldwin-pulled-trigger-on-rust-set-in-new-mexico/40888602

"Unclear if they did this testing with the same exact gun Alec used, or a separate but identical one — but what the FBI notes in their reports is ... that gun, when working properly, will not release a bullet and primer simultaneously by just fiddling with the hammer alone."

"The only thing the hammer could do when de-cocked and then directly struck on its own (without pulling the trigger) was detonate the primer. 

That essentially means it could set off the actual gunshot sound itself, without discharging a bullet, according to the FBI — but that's obviously not what happened in AB's case."

8 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Get a load of the ignorant garbage here: https://www.kcra.com/article/fbi-report-confirms-alec-baldwin-pulled-trigger-on-rust-set-in-new-mexico/40888602

"Unclear if they did this testing with the same exact gun Alec used, or a separate but identical one — but what the FBI notes in their reports is ... that gun, when working properly, will not release a bullet and primer simultaneously by just fiddling with the hammer alone."

"The only thing the hammer could do when de-cocked and then directly struck on its own (without pulling the trigger) was detonate the primer. 

That essentially means it could set off the actual gunshot sound itself, without discharging a bullet, according to the FBI — but that's obviously not what happened in AB's case."

As a former police firearms instructor I have read countless FBI firearms investigations. I would have to read the actual report to make sure the article hadn’t screwed that up. Whatever one might think of the FBI, their expertise in firearms and ballistics is very very good.

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Unbelievable! :rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

It just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to see where our tax dollars are going :( 

To be fair, the 2 high lighted portions (first was high lighted in the article and I couldn't change it) may have been a reporters (mis) understanding of what the report really said.  We all know how accurate reporters are on anything having to do with firearms.

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

would have to read the actual report to make sure the article hadn’t screwed that up

Bob!!!  How could you EVER doubt the accuracy of reporters and journalists on firearms related stories?   

18 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Whatever one might think of the FBI, their expertise in firearms and ballistics is very very good.

They certainly hit the mark at Waco and Ruby Ridge.

As Mrs, Doc suggested when I read the relevant parts of the article to her, to paraphrase My Cousin Vinny,"

Well, perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your movie set!"

Now remember fellers, in Hollywood there's a difference between a trigger and being triggered.:huh:

31 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Now remember fellers, in Hollywood there's a difference between a trigger and being triggered.:huh:

I would love to “trigger” Alec Baldwin…:angry:

If you get my drift…

17 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

I am to gather, I suppose, that ALL Right Thinking, Right Wing conservatives are of absolute integrity??  Smoke and Mirrors me thinks.

PS:  I darn'd near forgot.  Of course Baldwin pulled the trigger.  Single Action shooters knew that from DAY 1

And I guarantee the FBI techs new it too. But they have to go through the motions.

From personal experience, I'm going to go with the fact that many so called "Reporters" can only paraphrase the handouts they get and in most cases don't know Piss from Paint.

Otherwise, the FBI firearms lab would be up to it's eyeballs in doo-doo in it's dealings in the courts, serving as expert witnesses. 

Remember, if there was no government oversight for these issues..........Bureaucracy and redundancy would not have a safe space.

I've only seen/had one gun that fired without pulling the trigger. My XP-100 silhouette pistol I dialed down to an 8 oz. trigger pull. At IHMSHA Internationals (of course) it was letting go when I closed the bolt. Good part is I was careful and all the rounds went downrange. Bad part was I had to call the RO and pull it off the line as unsafe. Of course, I was shooting clean until the gun acted up. 1/4 turn  on the trigger screw fixed it right up.....too late of course.

JHC

I have a muzzle loading rifle that I set the triggers too light on.  If I set the trigger and raised the muzzle above a 10 degree up incline the weight of the trigger would fire it.  I adjusted it up to nine pounds and made it "permanent" with red Lock Tight.  I check it every time I take it down and it's still on nine pounds after 44 years.

A properly made and maintained firearm will not fire on it’s own. We all knew that.

9 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

From personal experience, I'm going to go with the fact that many so called "Reporters" can only paraphrase the handouts they get and in most cases don't know Piss from Paint.

Otherwise, the FBI firearms lab would be up to it's eyeballs in doo-doo in it's dealings in the courts, serving as expert witnesses. 

Not only the reporters.  Their ignorant editors often really shred stories to make the story "concise" and fit available copy space.    I bet a lot of reporters go home pretty P.O.d at times.  

Balwin's trigger pull has little to do with Governor Newsom....

I realize that this just shows my naivete'....

14 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

.... the FBI, that bastian of law enforcement professionalism and integrity, after a 9 month investigation, finally figured out that Baldwin had to have pulled the trigger.

Of course, when a local law enforcement agency requests a forensic firearms exam by the FBI in a case where the facts and parties are generally known, and the issue is simply verification of the function of the weapon, of course they should devote all of their resources to satisfy their internet critics. Obviously.

Baldwin has no one to blame but himself! He hired the the armorer's daughter who obviously was not real experienced. If he would have spent some money he could have had a good armorer and this would have probably never happened!:angry: Her father Thell Reed is supposedly one of the best! 

https://www.insider.com/who-is-hannah-guttierez-reed-rust-armorer-alec-baldwin-shooting-2021-10

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Baldwin has no one to blame but himself! He hired the the armourer's daughter who obviously was not real experienced. If he would have spent some money he could have have a good armourer and this would have probably never happened!:angry:

If he followed the simple rule of not pointing it at someone, it wouldn't have happened either. He should at least be charged with "negligent homicide". He was the one with the gun and should be ultimately responsible for the harm that happened. The gun alone is innocent.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Baldwin has no one to blame but himself! He hired the the armorer's daughter who obviously was not real experienced. If he would have spent some money he could have had a good armorer and this would have probably never happened!:angry: Her father Thell Reed is supposedly one of the best! 

https://www.insider.com/who-is-hannah-guttierez-reed-rust-armorer-alec-baldwin-shooting-2021-10

Hannah wasn't on the set at the time of the incident. It was assistant director Dave Halls who took the pistol off the cart and declared "Cold Gun!" without even bothering to check it who then handed it to Baldwin. As much as I hate El Douche he only shares half of the blame.

11 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Hannah wasn't on the set at the time of the incident. It was assistant director Dave Halls who took the pistol off the cart and declared "Cold Gun!" without even bothering to check it who then handed it to Baldwin. As much as I hate El Douche he only shares half of the blame.

As the person holding the gun, yes. However, he was also the executive producer and wearing that hat he is 100% at fault. As executive producer, he failed to follow several industry practices that were written in the blood of others. Following just one of them would have prevented this tragedy.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

That’s the problem, if she was experienced like her dad she would have been on the set!  I bet her dad Thell would have been.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

No armorer on the set = all guns, real ammo, blanks and fake ammo locked up with no access by anyone other than the official armorer. Simple as that.

Archived