SASS Wire Forum

Sophie’s Fence

J-BAR #18287

Granddaughter Sophie is an artist, about to begin her senior year in high school.  She practiced her skills by painting a mural on the family’s back fence:

That’s a really nice mural. She definitely has talent. :)

How long did it take her to complete it? It looks like a labor of love. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That’s a really nice mural. She definitely has talent. :)

How long did it take her to complete it? It looks like a labor of love. 

Thank you.  She started it on July 23,  and finished a couple of days ago, so about 3 weeks.  High temperatures, occasional rain and a summer job kept her from working on it every day.  She started from an initial sketch she made, but she created it as she worked, so she paused frequently to decide what to do next.  She astounds me.

WOW!!!!  She has a definite talent and skill.  The rectangles on the right side of the fence were probably the hardest thing to do.   The hardest thing to do is paint a narrow straight line (check out her signature in the lower left). 

I love it! I'd be proud to have something like that on a fence outside my home, or perhaps on a garage door. Truly, thank you for sharing!

On 8/13/2022 at 10:20 PM, J-BAR #18287 said:

Granddaughter Sophie is an artist, about to begin her senior year in high school.  She practiced her skills by painting a mural on the family’s back fence:

Having a fine arts degree in illustration, and made my living in graphic design, I’m very impressed. Nice work! 

Archived