SASS Wire Forum

Han Solo's blaster up for auction

Chantry

Bit too pricey for me!  The auction house is estimating between $300,000-$500,000 PLUS the 24% buyers commission.  I'm not even worth that much dead.

Link: https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/86/1247

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I think it would be cool to own a broom handle Mauser, but that’s a little steep for me. ;)

Particularly considering it is not even arguably original, and on top of that just shooting blanks.  Feel the force, Luke!

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

Han shot first!

This implies that the other guy shot also. Han did not shoot first. Han shot - only.

Which was absolutely the smart thing to do.

14 hours ago, Alpo said:

This implies that the other guy shot also. Han did not shoot first. Han shot - only.

Which was absolutely the smart thing to do.

4 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

HAN SHOT. First implies Greedo got a shot off at all.

Depends on which version of Star Wars IV you watch.  The original version Greedo did not get a shot off, in the updated version IV*  Greedo gets a shot off that hits the wall above Han's left shoulder.

*For episodes IV-VI added some minor scenes, added things with CGI that they couldn't do in 1977, cleaned up some minor mistakes

9 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Depends on which version of Star Wars IV you watch.  The original version Greedo did not get a shot off, in the updated version IV*  Greedo gets a shot off that hits the wall above Han's left shoulder.

*For episodes IV-VI added some minor scenes, added things with CGI that they couldn't do in 1977, cleaned up some minor mistakes

I've said before Greedo NOT getting a shot off proves Hans story arc. It moves him from scumbag smuggler to good guy prince. 

If he only returns fire when shot at he starts off the good guy and has zero character growth. 

I have all the versions and in the latest digital version greedo holle xixexrbble or some such, and if they wanted digital rework couldn't they have at least made greedos blaster shot go straight not at some wierd angle?

HAN SHOT. 

21 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck. Not my quote (don't know the source) but wish it was!

JHC

Jayne: I’ll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he’s gonna start a fair fight… If he bothers me, or if there’s a woman… Or if I’m gettin’ paid. Mostly only when I’m gettin’ paid.

On 8/14/2022 at 10:41 AM, Texas Joker said:

I've said before Greedo NOT getting a shot off proves Hans story arc. It moves him from scumbag smuggler to good guy prince. 

If he only returns fire when shot at he starts off the good guy and has zero character growth. 

I have all the versions and in the latest digital version greedo holle xixexrbble or some such, and if they wanted digital rework couldn't they have at least made greedos blaster shot go straight not at some wierd angle?

HAN SHOT. 

Don't forget the fact that Han suddenly grew a double-jointed neck that allowed him to move his head sideways to avoid the shot. Of course he didn't need to, because Greedo's pistol must've had a bent barrel to shoot several inches off to the side from just two feet away.

The poor CGI guys who reworked that scene must've really been rolling their eyes when George Lucas told them to do it.

Howdy,

I went to this movie with friends and had a great time.

This was before home theater and all the stop action and criticism

of each detail.

FUN movies.

Did you know American Graffiti largely financed this movie?

Or so Ive heard.

It might be fun to make a look alike.

Best

CR

• 4 weeks later...

One would think that as much money as they make in that auction house, they would get better audio equipment. I could understand about half of what that man was saying. Either the microphone sucks or he needs some serious training on how to use one.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

One would think that as much money as they make in that auction house, they would get better audio equipment. I could understand about half of what that man was saying. Either the microphone sucks or he needs some serious training on how to use one.

Heck... I thought it was surprisingly clear.  :huh:

But $100, 057 in fees or "add-on" costs??  Dang!!  :o

Archived