SASS Wire Forum

How hot is it?

Wow... that is descriptive and thorough...
Reminds me of a very hot summer day in Boston, riding the "T" when my face was jammed into the armpit of a very obese and sweaty moose.

I had a private note from OLG, who lived in Death Valley before he retired and moved to Missouri, mentioning how bad the heat and humidity is here.  So I guess if you need relief from the heat, you could go to Death Valley!  

I really don't know how you Pards can handle that kind of heat.

Up here, I had an issue with 86 or so and nearly passed out at a match.

In winter, at least I can bundle up.

Been relatively decent here in Montana this Summer and we're already sliding down into the low 90° range moving toward Fall.  We have a range from -45° to 108° that I have experienced living here.  Adapt and overcome!  Dress Light weight light colored and always wear a hat in the hot weather.  Don't have to tell a Canadian about Winter.

The humidity in Indiana was oppressive. Working outside was miserable in the summer. I had to get checkered grips for my Vaqueros because the factory grips were hard to keep in control due to all the sweat.

I hate being hot. My wife hates being cold. We compromised and moved back to Prescott, AZ. Since we are at a mile high with almost no haze, the sun is brutal. Get in the shade and it's fine.

4 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:
Man it is hot in Texas.

How hot is it?

It is hotter than six fat women in a minivan, with no air conditioner, fighting over the last chicken nugget.

That ain't hot...wait 'til they find out that there is only one sweet and sour sauce that came with it.

GAME ON GIRL...

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

a4088e20-797d-4c8f-83bf-f75fb541b4dd_750x422.jpeg

Uh-oh! Someone drove on a newly tarred and graveled road on a very hot day. Man, that sux! Been there, done that. Had no choice. 

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

It’s all in what you’re used to. Truthfully, I would rather have it colder than hotter. We partially moved into our house in West Virginia on August 2nd. It was in the mid to upper 80’s and very humid.
I was questioning my own sanity last Friday when I was mowing the lawn.  It was 89 and humid. My clothes were drenched in sweat and I could feel my pulse beating heavy in my neck. For just a moment I thought “Boy, I sure miss the weather in west Garden Grove” and then it hit me…”this weather is just fine. Take a drink of ice cold water and suck it up, buttercup. I am not in California any more and that’s just fine with me!”:D

I had forgotten all about humidity. You just have to pace yourself and drink cold water and maybe a salt tablet once in a while. 

6 hours ago, Cholla said:

The humidity in Indiana was oppressive. Working outside was miserable in the summer. I had to get checkered grips for my Vaqueros because the factory grips were hard to keep in control due to all the sweat.

I hate being hot. My wife hates being cold. We compromised and moved back to Prescott, AZ. Since we are at a mile high with almost no haze, the sun is brutal. Get in the shade and it's fine.

Atta boy, Cholla.  Just one of many reasons I like it here.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s all in what you’re used to. Truthfully, I would rather have it colder than hotter. We partially moved into our house in West Virginia on August 2nd. It was in the mid to upper 80’s and very humid.
I was questioning my own sanity last Friday when I was mowing the lawn.  It was 89 and humid. My clothes were drenched in sweat and I could feel my pulse beating heavy in my neck. For just a moment I thought “Boy, I sure miss the weather in west Garden Grove” and then it hit me…”this weather is just fine. Take a drink of ice cold water and suck it up, buttercup. I am not in California any more and that’s just fine with me!”:D

I had forgotten all about humidity. You just have to pace yourself and drink cold water and maybe a salt tablet once in a while. 

:D

On 8/13/2022 at 10:26 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

You are born into it and live with it your whole life. In June, July, and so far in August, we had two small rain showers that lasted about ten minutes, each. Most of the days in June, July, and thus far in August are at, or over, 100-degree Fahrenheit (37.778 degrees Celsius), or right at it. I suppose the heat just sort of tempers us, like metal. It is what it is. Most of us natives would not live anywhere else.   

Grew up in central MO. Single wide trailer with no AC.  By the 70s our pickup had AC but we didn't use it except on special occasions. Tractors didn't have cabs. Combine did but the AC on it could only keep the cab temp in the low 90s.

Didn't have AC in school till high school. When you grow up in it you get used to it.

For the last 30 years I have worked in air conditioned spaces that were usually cooled down to the mid 60s to keep the equipment happy. Wear a coat at work most days. This has resulted in me loosing my ability to tolerate high temps.

Here in south Louisiana where the heat is high and the humidity is also super high ....... hotter than two rats humping in a wool sock. 

Archived