SASS Wire Forum

Reporting again

Utah Bob #35998

Re: the guy who attacked the FBI office. A reporter just said that “the Navy vet dealt with weapons systems on a submarine so certainly he knew what he was doing with a high powered rifle.”

Certainly. Just push the red launch button on the rifle right?

It never ends. Oy! :wacko:

Those that can, do.  Those who can't, criticize.  Those not smart enough to do or criticize become reporters or politicians 

1 hour ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

The stupidity knows no bounds. The sad part is that about 75% of the general population believe this drivel as gospel.

...... well, .... it WAS on tv ..........  -_-

11 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... well, .... it WAS on tv ..........  -_-

it was also on the internet so we know for sure it was true!:wacko:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

it was also on the internet so we know for sure it was true!:wacko:

Abe Lincoln said so. I saw it in a meme. :rolleyes:

It continues to amaze me how GD stupid our fourth estate is.

It used to be they had a well rounded education and had couple of clues, but no more.

GOD!!!

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

It continues to amaze me how GD stupid our fourth estate is.

It used to be they had a well rounded education and had couple of clues, but no more.

GOD!!!

It is not that thy are stupid. It is that they seek to deceive and indoctrinate the public who are raised to accept it as gospel that the news media tells the truth and only the truth.  I have had a depressing number of discussions with people who think that the news media has to report only the truth and they can not shade reporting

After the USS Cole attack (12 Oct 2000) the Navy realized they didn’t have many sailors who were firearms qualified. Navy booked several firearms training sessions at  private facilities. I was at Blackwater in NC when they landed one of the contracts.

I have talked with numerous “reporters”. Every one of them seemed totally clueless about pretty much everything except how to look good in front of a camera or how to get the “right” angle with a camera to make their point. 
At first I thought perhaps they were just inquisitive and wanted to learn, but then over time I realized it wasn’t that they were inquisitive, it was that they were looking for angles. Angles to use to take information and skew it to their liking. Kind of like the proverbial “ambulance chasing lawyer” that picked little tiny issues to blow up into bigger issues to bolster a weak case. 
The one that really got me was the pretty blonde field reporter in Charlotte NC that was reporting on our rail start up and, according to her, was tasked with “promoting light rail transit in a good way”. My Gen’l Manager assigned me to work with her so she could put together a story. 
We were on a rail car and she was setting up her equipment when one of my guys told me that our GM wanted him to sweep up the shop apron when he had been assigned to prep cars for VIP rides. I told him to ignore the GM and “Daily” the rail cars. 
The pretty blonde reporter then tried to get me to expand on “the apparent disharmony that obviously existed in light rail management!”

Long story short she went so far as to crouch down to supposedly adjust her camera battery pack in such a way as to show off her lacy white underpants and talk sweetly to me as she did it. At that same time I also noticed her top two blouse buttons had also “come undone”.

What I said to her can’t be printed here but I can say that I compared her to a low class prostitute and then I left her there on the train while I went to my GM to tell him to find some other schmuck to deal with these scumbags. 
Oddly enough the blonde bimbo (bleached blind bimbo - I won’t say how I know her hair color was unnatural) actually put out a very positive story about light rail. 

I have less respect for reporters than I do for rabid dogs. At least with a rabid dog you can get away with shooting them to rid yourself of the problem. 

On 8/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

It is not that thy are stupid. It is that they seek to deceive and indoctrinate the public who are raised to accept it as gospel that the news media tells the truth and only the truth.

Somehow a myth arose about fair an unbiased reporting.  The press has almost NEVER been unbiased.  That's why all except the smallest towns usually had at least two newspapers, each calling all the others running dog, lick-spittle lackeys of "the other guys."  Read the newspaper accounts of the War of 1861,  think of "Yellow Journalism," which pretty much describes what we have now, no matter the political bias.   I think the closest we ever came to a press that wasn't blatantly biased was a short time in the '50s and early '60s.  But the press has always tried to hide things, be somewhat deceptive, and work to indoctrinate the electorate.

27 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Lincoln was not alive in 1776.

Duh! Neither was the Internet! :lol::lol:

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have talked with numerous “reporters”. Every one of them seemed totally clueless about pretty much everything except how to look good in front of a camera or how to get the “right” angle with a camera to make their point. 
At first I thought perhaps they were just inquisitive and wanted to learn, but then over time I realized it wasn’t that they were inquisitive, it was that they were looking for angles. Angles to use to take information and skew it to their liking. Kind of like the proverbial “ambulance chasing lawyer” that picked little tiny issues to blow up into bigger issues to bolster a weak case. 
The one that really got me was the pretty blonde field reporter in Charlotte NC that was reporting on our rail start up and, according to her, was tasked with “promoting light rail transit in a good way”. My Gen’l Manager assigned me to work with her so she could put together a story. 
We were on a rail car and she was setting up her equipment when one of my guys told me that our GM wanted him to sweep up the shop apron when he had been assigned to prep cars for VIP rides. I told him to ignore the GM and “Daily” the rail cars. 
The pretty blonde reporter then tried to get me to expand on “the apparent disharmony that obviously existed in light rail management!”

Long story short she went so far as to crouch down to supposedly adjust her camera battery pack in such a way as to show off her lacy white underpants and talk sweetly to me as she did it. At that same time I also noticed her top two blouse buttons had also “come undone”.

What I said to her can’t be printed here but I can say that I compared her to a low class prostitute and then I left her there on the train while I went to my GM to tell him to find some other schmuck to deal with these scumbags. 
Oddly enough the blonde bimbo (bleached blind bimbo - I won’t say how I know her hair color was unnatural) actually put out a very positive story about light rail. 

I have less respect for reporters than I do for rabid dogs. At least with a rabid dog you can get away with shooting them to rid yourself of the problem. 

My son used to work as the gofer for the Editor of a newspaper I came to trust.

I sat with him at a Christmas party and heard his opinion of a lot of the so-called reporters looking for jobs in the paper he managed.

The paper earned the respect and trust of a lot of us here in Ottawa, because of the quality of reporter he hired and his insistence on the quality of their reporting of facts without shading or interpretation.

I still call him a friend because of his integrity. 

Archived