SASS Wire Forum

Shout out to Widder.

Mad Dane, SASS#5536

Hey Widder, do you know anyone who can repair the carrier in a Marlin 39AS? The spring loaded post has come out , the retaining washer is gone and the coil spring is trashed.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Dane

I had a similiar problem with my "j" model (1946)  39A, but only the spring was broken.  I went through several ball point pens and finally found a soft coil spring that worked.  It has been over a year and no problem so far.  Hopefully Widder comes up for a fix on your problem.  By the way the 39A cost me $60 nib 1946 and I was making a buck an hour in an asbestos plant.

DEADWOOD MINER

Active Shooter at 92

Howdy Mad Dane.

If you can give me a call, I need to ask a couple questions and make sure of your situation before I try to give reliable advice.

Basically, what Deadwood Miner stated works but I think I can save you some time with other information.

865 / 696-1996

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Deadwood Miner, SASS # 45575 said:

I had a similiar problem with my "j" model (1946)  39A, but only the spring was broken.  I went through several ball point pens and finally found a soft coil spring that worked.  It has been over a year and no problem so far.  Hopefully Widder comes up for a fix on your problem.  By the way the 39A cost me $60 nib 1946 and I was making a buck an hour in an asbestos plant.

DEADWOOD MINER

Active Shooter at 92

Active Shooter at 92

Impressive!!!

4 hours ago, Deadwood Miner, SASS # 45575 said:

DEADWOOD MINER

Active Shooter at 92

I bought my 1st 39A in 1966 for $72.50. Bought my 2nd one in 2002 for $600.

Deadwood is related to Blue Boy who passed on early this year at 102!!

Sturdy folks!

Thanks Widder-finally found a youtube video that showed what I needed to know. The washer holding the post in the carrier came off, releasing the post and spring into the action. Got it going and got it gone. A cheap and chintzy setup compared to the older 39A.

Archived