SASS Wire Forum

I have Cancer

Dirty Dog Doug

That's the reason for the scope. Listen to your doctors and your better half, you'll come through just fine. You'll be in my thoughts and meditations.

Schoolmarm lost her brother to this!  Don’t wait! Get a plan and get it done!

Prayers up for a successful surgery and complete recovery. I'm clean for 3 years myself. Keep a positive attitude.

thanksI  am so worried and Ai am locked out of my fav chat 'room

sharing meanso much 

I was locked out of here for 6 months and I ws a long time but learned to post carefuly

DDD: My prayers for a prompt recovery are heading your way.

From this Cancer survivor to you: Follow DocWards words of wisdom and the recommendations of your oncologist.

I'm 78, three years after some pretty intense radiation and chemo, back out doing things and having fun.

Stay positive and don't let it get you down. You have a lot of friends in your life.

Don't be shy or afraid to lean on them.

I had rectal cancer in 1994. Had surgery that resulted in a colostomy, radiation and chemo. Came back 10 months later in my rt lung. More surgery and chemo. Iwas told that I gad a 1 in 10 chance to make it 5 years. That was 28 years ago and I am still going strong at 80. Listen to your doctors and have faith....it can be beaten. 

Prayers for you Brother.

A regular scheduled Jeep with camera is the best and fastest way to spot that type of cancer.
Caught early, it is very treatable.
Same for prostate cancer (been there, done that).

Jeep and PSA tests are wonderful tools for early detection.

You will be in my thoughts, Pard.

Best wished & prayers for a quick recovery. I’m glad you caught it, colonoscopy’s are no fun but they’re necessary.

They found a suspicious when they ran the camera on me.

Mine was precancerous, it's gone, when I woke up I said "Okay, you can start now," and my wife laughed.

Much good advice here, to which I can honestly add nothing by way of advice, but know I will be standing up on my knees for your honored self!

I too am a cancer survivor of fifteen months after Prostate Cancer surgery.  It is so easy to let yourself question "why me", and fear and anguish take over your thoughts.  But if you are acquainted with our Creator, we just need to stay focused and know that His will is for us to be a blessing to others even when we don't understand.  This bookmark helped me rest assured that all IS well, no matter what comes our way.  Hope it will help you as well.

image.jpeg.732369489420500a1194c2535b961d43.jpeg

Archived