SASS Wire Forum

Presentation Case

My son, Sassparilla Kid, is planning on making a gift of a reproduction 1851 Colt.  

Anyone here have any experience with presentation cases?  Reasonably priced recommendations?   :)

Thankee kindly!   ^_^

4 hours ago, Shotgun-Gibbs said:

-Yes, check out Hampel's Woodland Products here: https://www.hampelswoodlandproducts.com/

I have had them make me at least 8-10 things over the years. Beautiful craftmanship at great prices! He's a heck of a nice guy as well!

Thanks, S-G~!

I actually came across them on the 'net, but was not sure if they were legit - the prices seem almost unrealistically low; similar cases from other sellers are often listed for hundreds of dollars!

Definitely will check 'em out.   :)

7 hours ago, Shotgun-Gibbs said:

-Yes, check out Hampel's Woodland Products here: https://www.hampelswoodlandproducts.com/

I have had them make me at least 8-10 things over the years. Beautiful craftmanship at great prices! He's a heck of a nice guy as well!

Those Coffin cases are very cool!  A glass top would be even better. 

Seamus

3 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Those Coffin cases are very cool

I agree!  I am in the middle of making one for myself and I have more than half their price already paid in materials. If I had seen this first I could have saved myself a lot of hot time in the workshop ( but wouldn’t have been as fun.  

Gentlemen, here are a couple of pictures of Hample's cases I had made. He is very good, and reasonable! 2 photos are of a coffin case he made for my son's 1851 Navy, and 2 photos of my Skeeter Skelton owned Mitchell Arms .45 Colt. I cannot say enough about his work!

1851 Navy Coffin Case.jpg

1851 Navy Coffin Case 1.jpg

Skeeter Skelton Revolver Case.jpg

Skeeter Skelton Revolver Case 1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank yew, @Shotgun-Gibbs....  Just perfect~!!  :lol:

And you were right - VERY reasonably priced!!  I'm pretty sure we'll be ordering more from this fella...  ^_^

This is gonna be a birthday present.  Young man just turned 36 ~ what better gift than a .36 caliber Navy cap 'n' ball revolver?  :)

(I know... not exactly the correct powder flask, but the traditional types just ain't available like they used to be.)  :ph34r:

image.png.7e1d5e62fc9f64a512d991bdac40fdec.png

796784919_Cased1851Navy2.jpg.7f42be414195ac52f8f3f9a5f4a679a1.jpg

Almost thirty-five years ago I made a box to house my pair of 5 1/2" SAA revolvers.  It's beautiful....but I have yet to finish the inside.

You may have started my project with some really good ideas on how to do it.  

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Thank yew, @Shotgun-Gibbs....  Just perfect~!!  :lol:

And you were right - VERY reasonably priced!!  I'm pretty sure we'll be ordering more from this fella...  ^_^

This is gonna be a birthday present.  Young man just turned 36 ~ what better gift than a .36 caliber Navy cap 'n' ball revolver?  :)

(I know... not exactly the correct powder flask, but the traditional types just ain't available like they used to be.)  :ph34r:

image.png.7e1d5e62fc9f64a512d991bdac40fdec.png

796784919_Cased1851Navy2.jpg.7f42be414195ac52f8f3f9a5f4a679a1.jpg

Try Midway.  They are showing one for under $50.00

On 8/11/2022 at 9:26 PM, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I agree!  I am in the middle of making one for myself and I have more than half their price already paid in materials. If I had seen this first I could have saved myself a lot of hot time in the workshop ( but wouldn’t have been as fun.  

One of my "just for fun" builds:

IMG_4723.thumb.jpeg.185f23e731ca4e666bea7b2276ed05c9.jpeg

IMG_4770.thumb.jpeg.92055a3a34ff551c0a21d9723045394f.jpeg

IMG_4774.thumb.jpeg.6fed2d85d779333e4247bee6f0849616.jpeg

Just because of this:

IMG_4768.thumb.jpeg.dfa6c07ae43bf9e3d15b61434daf26d8.jpeg

This was a way to have a nice box in the living area for critter control (anything from rabid 'coon up to bear) at my mountain cabin.

Most folks should just buy the box from the above link.

Archived