SASS Wire Forum

Hospital Worker Arrested For Guns

Subdeacon Joe

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/08/10/nj-hospital-employee-arrested-39-guns-closet/10282365002/

Police said 11 handguns, 27 rifles and shotguns, and a semi-automatic rifle with high-capacity magazine, later determined to be an assault rifle, were recovered. An additional 14 rounds of high-capacity handgun magazines were discovered.

I love accurate reporting.

54 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Not a good idea to have at the office.

+ 10000 What the heck was he thinking?:rolleyes:

So the marketing director for the hospital had 37 firearms in his office closet, and according to the article he had "14 rounds of high capacity magazines." I have no idea what that quote means.  And as far as that many firearms in a hospital office...

He has been charged with one count of possessing an assault (sporting) weapon (rifle), and two counts of possession of high (standard) capacity magazines.

He was arrested at the airport in cooperation with Homeland Security (TSA?). This implies he was running, sounds nefarious. Unless this was a planned vacation or the guy even commuted to and from New Jersey.

It really is a crappy article. The reporter should take a college-level journalism course.

And not found because of some credible threat related to this person, but because of a phoned in bomb threat. Dogs did not find a bomb, did find his office closet.

Oh, and the closet was not secured. I'm sure the hospital marketing director's office was secured, even if the closet in it was not.

I see here a case of an idiot marketing director (is that redundant?) getting caught for being stupid. I don't see any lives saved in this event, though I am thankful there was no bomb at the facility.

Archived