SASS Wire Forum

"We're PREGNANT!!"

Alpo

I know that "we're pregnant" is the politically correct, loving spouse thing to say, but it always sounds so stupid.

She explains it so nicely.

Love it! :lol:

I remember the first time personally I heard a couple say “We’re pregnant”. I had heard it in TV, but never in reality. 

I recall being at a family event and this lady in my son-in-law’s family saying to some newcomer as she was sitting next to her smiling, slightly effeminate, emasculated male “We’re Pregnant”.

My wife immediately snapped a look at me from across the room that said “Don’t do it!”

I ignored her. 
I looked directly at “David”, the guy mentioned above and said “Seriously? WE are pregnant? Who’s we? Are you having a baby too?”

I realized the entire house got quiet. Then my daughter says “Dad, it’s just a term couples say these days.”

I responded with “Well, it’s stupid.” 
I looked at the couple and “Are WE having more than one or are WE getting a vasectomy afterwards to complete David’s process?”

Needless to say that didn’t go over well. And, I really didn’t care…still don’t. 

I’d have lost thirty pounds!!  

That’s the approximate weight of my @ss, which I would have laughed off before I left!! :lol:

I will have to listen later, but I've said it before, and I will say it again. Mrs. Doc went through nine months of pregnancy, then 24 + hours of labor, followed by a cesarean section, was stapled up, had to recover... etc... So, just that... Call it 28 hours that she was in the hospital for labor and C-section... I would go through Basic Training again before I went through that. No, there's no WE to it.

Saw this this morning, which led me to the video.

In yesterday's strip Jamison and Maureen announced to the group, "WE'RE PREGNANT!!!"

Just loved Hazel's comments.

1660004107-GWS1937.jpg

The girlfriend says: "We are pregnant."

Meaning:  Oops!  You're the daddy!  :blush:

Four simple words many fathers have said to their daughter's boyfriend after, 'We are pregnant.':

"This shotgun is loaded." :o

Nurse walks into your hospital room and asks, "How are we today?"

"Uh-h-h.  I've been shot. Hope we're not pregnant?" :unsure:

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Nurse walks into your hospital room and asks, "How are we today?"

I had a nurse ask me “Are we still on the same medications?”

I said “I don’t know. I know mine are boring but I would be willing to try what you are on.”:D

She laughed and said she was trying to break that habit of saying “we” when asking patients questions. 

Had a nurse ask me “How are we doing today?”

I answered, “I don’t know about you, but if I was doing any good, I damned sure wouldn’t be here!!”

My ex-boss used to roll sneak up on the jobsites and ask "How are we doing" even though he was anything but a team player. I always replied "We are doing fine, I don't know about you". Always riled him, I guess the truth hurt.

I've only heard one couple declare "We're pregnant". I just rolled my eyes, bit my tongue and stifled a smart ass response. 

Archived