SASS Wire Forum

Good Doctor news

Rye Miles #13621

I just got back from the doctor and my numbers are all really good thank God. The most surprising news was my doc just got into guns! He has a carry permit, owns a 1911 9mm Springfield, a Colt King Cobra and an semi-auto shotgun along with an AR 15. He acquired all this in the last 6-7 months! The last time I was there he was asking me about reloading. It's nice to have a doctor who's gun friendly! 

Anyone else have a gun friendly doctor??

I used to. Went to him for over a decade. We used to talk for a 1/2 hour, after the examine, about guns, politics and topics that Conservatives have in common. Ironically, he took a higher paying (supposedly) better job in DC working for the current administration, sold his house and moved to the DC suburbs. I hope that he is doing well.

8 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Yup! He even asks me for gun advice, a lot younger, so I should have a good Doc for the duration.

Mine is younger than me also and he's new to guns so he was asking me lots of questions!

Of course practically everyone is younger than me that's still working!:P

More than one!

My previous MD used to be a pretty avid IDPA shooter. Claimed to be a die hard Libertarian, live and let live type. Medical business was good and he missed a bunch of shoots because of work. Then towards the end of the pandemic overreach the host club decided, since you were outside, as long as you "socially distanced" masks were optional at the shooters discretion. That was his first match in a while and he literally had a screaming hissy fit! Was p!$$ed that so few were vaccinated and told them they were breaking the law. Further he called up the health authorities to report the club. So much for individual responsibility as well as live and let live. Host club said fine no shoots till circumstances changed and about 4 weeks later the "mask mandate" was dropped state wide. Haven't seen him at any type of shoot or at his office since then. Don't need that kind of drama queen in my life.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

BTW new doctor is a better fit for me, on time for appointments, much more thorough and paperwork is medically related rather than the "how many guns do you have, are they locked up" stuff.

Great news! Any good news is welcomed about now. My doc is pretty pro-gun although we don't speak of it much. A while back he was asking me about a 308 auto to shoot hogs with 

JHC

Went in for a colonoscopy (ugh) several years back. The first question out of the doctors mouth when came in to talk was, "So, what do you shoot?" I couldn't figure how he knew until he pointed out I was wearing an NRA hat. Got to promote CAS. 

Archived