SASS Wire Forum

Can’t hear the starting Buzzer

Nickel City Dude

I’ve had a few guys ask to me tap them on the shoulder when the timer goes off. I have never forgot to do it!

A couple shooters ask me if I could go one side , always do that too! Why not? Always help the shooter!

On 8/9/2022 at 3:32 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

The lag issue has more to do with there being a lag between engaging the Timer start and the lifting of the hand on your shoulder.

Me...I don't like layin' my hands on folks...I'll touch ya with a Timer though.

;)

Actually, the BEEP of some Timers will vibrate and although the shooter may be deaf, the VIBRATION can be felt if the timer is touching their

shoulder or back of the neck area.

I think YOUR method is pretty darn good.

..........Widder

On 8/9/2022 at 9:14 AM, Flash said:

Ask the TO to put his hand on your shoulder and when he presses the button remove his hand at the same time.

I do this for shooters, sometimes I feel like giving them a brisk slap across the back of the head though. :ph34r:

On 8/9/2022 at 9:14 AM, Flash said:

Ask the TO to put his hand on your shoulder and when he presses the button remove his hand at the same time.

I do this for shooters, sometimes I feel like giving them a brisk slap across the back of the head though. :ph34r:

PLUS ONE for Pettifogger YOU BETCHA!!!

What a grand idea.  A taser attached to the timer.  Just stick it onna Butt and letter rip.  Nobody'd miss that I bet!! 

6 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

The problem is frequency...someone with clout needs to talk to the "Timer" mfgrs and let them know that high frequencies are no bueno.

Cheers!

Phantom (The Bully)

They do.  See my post and link above.

22 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

They do.  See my post and link above.

One manufacturer... While that's all good, I was kinda saying it would be good if ALL manufacturers... Or the majority...would utilize a lower frequency.

;)

4 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Better yet, an electronic dog bark collar :lol:

How about just a loud barking dog??:lol:

OP here.

I got the new timer in and along with the buzzer it also has a strobe light that flashes when the button is pushed.  It also has a very large display that has a back light that can be adjusted for how long it stays on and the buzzer can also be adjusted for volume. Here is a link to the web site. https://competitionelectronics.com/products/protimer-bt the picture here shows it in the shot string recording mode.  When it is put in just the timing mode the time display fills the entire window which makes the digits large and easy to read.

I am going to bring it to the shoot this Saturday and ask if it can be used instead of the old one that they have to see how well it works. 

If the unit is held by the TO so the shooter can see it when the button is pushed then they would also see the strobe flash and would make it easier for those that can’t hear the buzzer very well to know when to start.  Once the button is pushed and the shooter knows to start the TO can move the timer to the regular position and not interfere with the shooter.  I will post again after I have had a chance to see how well it works and how the other cowboys like it.

36 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

>> quote <<

I got the new timer in and along with the buzzer it also has a strobe light that flashes when the button is pushed.  

>> end quote <<

I found a review over on Amazon for this timer (ProTimer BT) ... seems someone already used a bunch of them for a CAS match. Sounds like the sensitivity would be a boon for dryfire too.

btreview.jpg.e5c445628de664346d3c2bbb871ee823.jpg

Also found them for sale @ $135 over at Ben Stoeger 

https://benstoegerproshop.com/competition-electronics-pro-timer-w-bluetooth-shot-timer/

OP here

We used the timer for 4 stages  last Saturday and it worked very well.  I was the only one on my posse that requested to be able to see the strobe light flash but it definitely helped me.  I think the buzzer on the new timer was a little louder than the old one.  The large display was welcomed by all the TO's but the back light option was pretty much useless in the bright sunlight.  All it all a positive addition to CAS.

Archived