SASS Wire Forum

Got ‘r hung

Utah Bob #35998

Started at noon. Finished at 5. Cleaned up by 6. I need a drink. And and an ice pack for my back. The old fan was on the same circuit as the swamp cooler so I couldn’t get any cool air till I was done! 
57 trips up and down the ladder, 5 trips to the barn for more tools, one disassembly about halfway through (stupid directions), one banana for lunch, two Tylenol, 3 cups of coffee and lots of cussing.

But now I cot a fancy remote controlled fan, perfect for a guy like me. I hated getting up to pull the chain on the old one. 
Yes, I’m that lazy. 
And I need another drink. ;)

FA731CEC-7F7E-4DF5-BEC3-5C070A0AF36A.jpeg

IMO, the dam' ladder work is the big deal.  I have the bedroom ceiling fan ahead. Bad news, the bed is too heavy to move, good news, if I fall off the ladder, I'll land on the bed.  Congrats on getting 'er done. Procrastination is at least one of my names.

5 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

What no Huey ceiling fan or old west type ? 

Strictly utilitarian. The house is full of old west type stuff. :D

7 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

That's a whole lot of work to keep from doing a little work.  Just saying...

Well the old fan was on it’s last legs.

Like me. :lol:

I don't know Bob.

I think one of these would suit me just fine!

diy-helicopter-ceiling-fan-joeburlas-640x533.jpg

world-war-ii-airplane-ceiling-fan_400x333.jpg

2 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

In my case I would also add two trips to Home Depot, one to Lowes and possibly two to Ace Hardware!  And given my propensity to hurt myself one trip to the drug store for first aid stuff!

My kids have said many times: "A job ain't done right until dad's bleeding on it." Been known to make a job look more like a crime scene.

Yep. That's why people call me for stuff like that.

The amount of time taken to do a job is directly proportionate to hands on experience.

For me, that would have been about a 1/2 hour job, including assembly of the fan, maybe a little longer as it was at the top of the vault. If I had to connect plumbing to it, you'd have had to cook me breakfast the next day!

Congrats on a good job 

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yep. That's why people call me for stuff like that.

The amount of time taken to do a job is directly proportionate to hands on experience.

For me, that would have been about a 1/2 hour job, including assembly of the fan, maybe a little longer as it was at the top of the vault. If I had to connect plumbing to it, you'd have had to cook me breakfast the next day!

Congrats on a good job 

Half hour? No chance! :lol:

Archived