SASS Wire Forum

Unexpected Recruitment

At a match today two ladies stopped by interested in our match.  They were long range shooters looking for new shooting experiences.  They were eager to shoot a few stages and were looking to shoot black powder.  Tex and I were shooting black powder so we worked with them so they could shoot.  They shot and joined the CAS club before leaving.  Should they continue shooting black powder that will double the number of shooters we have shooting LFC.  One of the ladies even wants to shoot her cap and ball revolver.  I said I would loan her a second revolver when she wants to shoot it in a match. :):)

Way to go Mr. Canby!

Certain you could pass on a ton of information and be a great teacher. Of course Tex knows a thing or two about it as well. :)

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, ORNERY OAF said:

fantastic, that is how we should greet newbies! set the hook with the "Holy Black"...reel em in

I think the ladies of the club had as much to do with the recruitment as the black powder.  We had many lady shooters and most were dresses quite well.  Every lady spent at least 15 minutes greeting our guests.  The guests commented that they loved the costumes and felt very welcome.   

Archived