SASS Wire Forum

Carded

I got carded buying Non alcoholic Beer, NY is way passed screwed up.

About a year ago (which means likely closer to 3 or 4 years ago) I bought a bottle of wine somewhere and was carded...the store's system was set up so the checker had to enter the information to finish the transaction.

59 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

It's been a lot of years, but now that I'm past 65, it's happening regularly again when I ask for the senior's discount. B)

They don't card me for that, and they usually don't even ask, they just give it to me.;) "Old Guy discount?" "Already taken care of, sir.":blink:

Four or five years ago I was carded at a liquor store. They didn't want to just see it. They wanted to hold it in their hand. And then they swiped it. I asked why - it'sI'M in my 60s,  bald wrinkled and gray. They told me it was store policy - all IDs get swiped. So now, instead of just being aware I was old enough, they have all the information on the magnetic strip on my drivers license.

That was the day I decided I would never again be carded. There is not one single solitary thing in this country I am not old enough to buy, and if they can't tell that by looking at me, I'll go elsewhere to buy it.

Carded a week ago, when I found and bought some Titegroup.

Had to show my PAL (Possession and Acquisition License.*

*It's a Canadian thing only LEGAL firearms owners in Canada have to have to LEGALLY own firearms and ammunition. Gangs, drug dealers and thugs are exempted by our government. 

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Four or five years ago I was carded at a liquor store. They didn't want to just see it. They wanted to hold it in their hand. And then they swiped it. I asked why - it'sI'M in my 60s,  bald wrinkled and gray. They told me it was store policy - all IDs get swiped. So now, instead of just being aware I was old enough, they have all the information on the magnetic strip on my drivers license.

That was the day I decided I would never again be carded. There is not one single solitary thing in this country I am not old enough to buy, and if they can't tell that by looking at me, I'll go elsewhere to buy it.

They do that for kegs here.  Then you can be charged with providing a minor if they drink from it.

I was carded last week and the store photo copied it.  He claims the ATF requires it.

Bought a new shotgun a couple weeks ago.  Had to go the whole routine, since it was from an FFL dealer.

The company's legal department at work, if you card everyone you are no longer discriminating and you don't have to worry about local LEO departments sending in someone underage and risk losing your liquor license.

No one wants to play lawsuit lotto anymore.

The local Safeway askes for your birthday so they can enter it but doesn't ask for the id itself when buying booze. I believe they asked me once for some flu medicine too. 

Years ago when I was a bit younger as I got up to the window at a drive through, the girl asked if I wanted the senior discount. This being the first time I'd been asked I laughed a little and asked how old do you have to be? She leaned out and said, you just have to ask. Guess I was obviously old enough. Saved 50 cents or so.

Archived