SASS Wire Forum

spp true

Dirty Dog Doug

When I was a kid there was a family in my home town that had 18 kids. :o

As a teenager I went to their house to ask one of the girls to a dance. She had something like 8 older brothers who were very protective. We didn’t go to the dance together. 

Spent alot of time in a small community. Two brothers from one family married two sisters from another family, both families have 13 kids.

My Grandparents neighbor had 13 kids. All grew up very hard workers. Rented a turn of the century 2 story plantation style house. Beautiful architecture with lots of ornate wood work inside and out. The kitchen had a large gas stove on one side and an even bigger wood cook stove on the other. IIRC there were 7 or 8 fireplaces. Every fall they would put up 13 to 14 cords of firewood for heating and cooking. Their mom was a work class cook and was in the master class when it came to cooking and baking on a wood fired stove. When the youngest started school she got a job working in the high school cafeteria. Lots of people grip about school lunches but trust me when i say that NO ONE complained about the food in our high school. 

My grandfather (Noble) and his brother Raymond married sisters, Carrie (my grandmother) and Ruth.

My Dad was one of 11 siblings. I have 43 first cousins on that side of the family. 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

When I was a kid there was a family in my home town that had 18 kids. :o

As a teenager I went to their house to ask one of the girls to a dance. She had something like 8 older brothers who were very protective. We didn’t go to the dance together. 

I took Merlin Olsen's sister out one time.

Four brothers and Dad....and Mom who really ran the show.

I got grilled before we left the house.  I never dated her again and she ended up marrying a friend of mine.

My dad was the youngest of thirteen. My mom was the second youngest of nine.

They came from families that wanted lots of children!

My own thoughts are they should figure out what causes it!!

We have 5 and are amateurs compared to our friends with 8,9, and even one with 11.

Then there’s a family nearby with 3-4 of their own by natural birth and about a dozen or so through foster and adoption. Between home schooling, a few starting off in college and farming, I don’t know how they make it. They are all well mannered good kids. They have to be. It would be chaos with that many kids for just one to act up and break any routine.

47 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

I cant spell I meant to say Soo 

If you go to your first post and click “Edit” it will allow you to edit the title. Some forums don’t allow this, but this one does. ;)

Archived