SASS Wire Forum

Grips for Stallions

Lash Toru

Does anyone know who makes gun fighter grips for the Uberti stallion. Eagle grips has nothing for Uberti and nothing comes up when I do an internet search. 

The Gunfighter grips that Uberti sells are overpriced and complete junk.

They are hollow backed plastic that require fitting with little room for negotiation. 

If your grip frame is 3 1/8 inch tall, you will not likely find any ready made grips that will fit as they will be to short.

Pick a reputable grip maker and have them fit the grips for you.

19 hours ago, Lash Toru said:

Does anyone know who makes gun fighter grips for the Uberti stallion. Eagle grips has nothing for Uberti and nothing comes up when I do an internet search. 

Try PM Grips

On 8/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, Jefro, SASS#69420 said:

Buffalo Bros. has them for the Cimarron Lighting (Stallion bridshead) and for some other small frame BP pistols. Give 'em a call.

Buffalo Brothers Cowboy Store

Jefro:ph34r:Relax-Enjoy

My Taylor's version of that gun is a true bird head, while my two Cimarron Lightning guns, the same frame and mechanics, are Cimarron's take on the Colt Lightning grip. A "Stallion" is Taylor's Model P Jr. in 38 Colt/38 Special and others, with the conventional models as plow handle grips. I like mine and shoot them with the stock grips perfectly fitted from the outset.
https://taylorsfirearms.com/hand-guns/cartridge-revolvers/stallion-compact-single-action-revolvers.html

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/lightning-38-special-3-1-2-in.html

I checked out all the options listed and haven’t found any satisfactory. BP in North Carolina is probably the closest to what I’m looking for, but would sill take a lot of fitting. Working with a local cowboy who thinks we can make them. 

When the P-Juniors first came out, Cimarron was saying that the grip was the same profile as regular Model P.  But they are thinner, as the backstrap is thinner, so the center spacer is thinner to match.  If that is true about the profile, then it seems that any grips made for the Model P / Cattleman might fit the grip frame, but if 1 piece grips then would need a narrower spacer piece.

When you say gunfighter grips, do you primarily mean thinner?  When Evil Roy was testing out his Model P's before committing to the ER line at Cimarron, he took either a band saw or a belt sander to the sides of his grips to make them thinner.  They looked crappy but he shot them that way for quite a while.

Archived