SASS Wire Forum

Want to feel really old?

I was 8 years old when the Beatles broke up in September 1968. I hated and still can’t stand Yoko the moron Ono. John Lennon was a talented buffoon. An idiot leftist but talented. 

44 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was 8 years old when the Beatles broke up in September 1968. I hated and still can’t stand Yoko the moron Ono. John Lennon was a talented buffoon. An idiot leftist but talented. 

Gawd, I was 14 and 4months!

4 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

old age his run me over 

I am now  ashut in 

I get aroundwithh a walker 

will I ever shoot again?

I can barly stand 

On that list I thought the triplets from My Three sons have to be older then 52. When I checked I didn't realize the show had run into the early 70s.

One story mentioned that Don Grady (Robbie) had considered quitting when they cast Tina Cole to be his wife. Said she wasn't his type. She was hot as, you know what. Later they almost did get married supposedly. 

6 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

will I ever shoot again?

I can barly stand 

watching  Fox new alllday  I see the  same ad  over and over I never want to hear kar for kids 

19 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

think how much the Ponderso willl be worth now in the Billlion 

Yup. It would now be John Dutton's Yellowstone now. :D

Frank Morgan, who played the wizard, was born in 1890. The movie was made in 1939, so he was 49.

I can't find anything giving the age of Oscar Diggs (real name of the wizard) except that all the descriptions say that he is old.

How do you come up with 82?

On 8/7/2022 at 10:04 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The Beatles broke up in 1970.

Both Let it Be and Abbey Road were recorded in 1969

I stepped up on an aisle shelf in Walmart today to reach for a bottle of 409 beyond my reach.
Young fella, his wife and baby cheered in good humor... said it was an Olympic Event.
Same Walmart, had to jump for a box of BD alcohol wipes on the top shelf.
Nobody cheered for that one.

16 hours ago, bgavin said:

I stepped up on an aisle shelf in Walmart today to reach for a bottle of 409 beyond my reach.
Young fella, his wife and baby cheered in good humor... said it was an Olympic Event.
Same Walmart, had to jump for a box of BD alcohol wipes on the top shelf.
Nobody cheered for that one.

Last time I had something like that in Walmart, I asked the Dad if I could borrow his son. Without hesitation he agreed. I picked the kid, (about 6 or so), up and had him get me what I needed. The kid loved it and Mom and Dad just smiled.

You’re only as old as you feel. Today I feel 126.

Want to feel really old?
No thanks. I got it covered. :lol:

Old age first hit me right after my divorce, when I started realizing the attractive young women that caught my eye were now the right age to be my daughter, and that their plump middle-aged moms were the same age as me. By the same token I'd encounter an old high school classmate, and not recognize them because they were 80lbs heavier and looked like their father. That's when I took a second look in the mirror and realized I looked nothing like my old photos either. I reckon it'll only get worse as I age further... :unsure:

Archived