SASS Wire Forum

Cheek riser?

Ashley D Austin

I heave searched the Shooters Handbook and can not find an answer to this question, "Can cheek risers be added to rifle and shotgun stocks, and if so how high can they be?"

That would be an external modification to a firearm.  All ALLOWED external modifications are called out in the rules.  So, if you can't find that it is allowed, then it is not allowed.

good luck, GJ

Ok, so slap one on your long range shotgun!

Long Range really has very few and ill-defined rules, and most events are totally defined by what information shooters can pry out of the LR match manager.

Not even any standard ranges for events, nor standards for announcing to competitors  ahead of time what range(s) will be shot.  Not a very serious rifle competition if you can't do that.

good luck, GJ

"Grips or stocks of simulated or natural materials are acceptable provided they are not customized to constitute a “target” grip or stock.  That is, they must be of the same basic shape as grips or stocks found on original firearms."

Some years ago, I picked up a Rossi '92 .44-40 that somebody had "skeletonized" the stock on. This was determined to be not "the same basic shape as found on original firearms", so I cut, fitted, and pinned/glued a piece of juniper into the hole. :)

Rossi92_2.jpg.a9b2da6bd5882860eaa88acaa815f1da.jpg 

Archived