SASS Wire Forum

Merge Post Feature

Buckshot Bear

But keep in mind there has been a message on the main forum page for a long time about some search index still indexing.

SASS does not have a real IT department.

Merging is probably just a "simple" switch, but I do not ask staff to throw it. Rather not have a complete accidental outage.

Wow, my posts did not merge

If you wait a minute or so posts won’t get merged. If you leave the thread then go elsewhere and comeback posts may or may not merge. 

It’s annoying as hell and the mods don’t seem to understand it when I have reported it, which pretty much tells me the mod or mods I communicated with do not use the Wire much. 

Also, this forum is paid for by SASS but is run as a service by a company that provides forums and bulletin boards. Mods have limited access, admins (if there are any) have a bit more access and control but the forum service comes as a package. Kind of like buying a car. We have the 4 cylinder with electric windows but no AC or GPS. 

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If you wait a minute or so posts won’t get merged. If you leave the thread then go elsewhere and comeback posts may or may not merge. 

It's a guessing game.  I've left a thread, read a few other, gone back after five minutes or more, posted to the first thread again and had them merged.  I've also gone back after less than a minute and they don't.

Heck.  A few times I've closed the tab and come back into the Saloon ten minutes later and it merged posts.

Archived