SASS Wire Forum

Movie....

So tonight Helen Brimstone and I took in a movie - Where the Crawdads Sing.

The critics all seem to pretty much hate it.  The polled audiences all pretty much don't agree with the so-called "critics."  Like, 96% liked it.

Personally, I thought it was outstanding; I thought the quality on a par with To Kill a Mockingbird.  Yup... I recommend it.

Now, if anyone's seen it ~ please, no spoilers!   :)

Pretty typical, for critics.

SWMBO and I always enjoyed the movies the critics panned.

Not enough "Wokeness" in us I guess.

Anymore critics will ruin a movie faster than bad acting.

Wife and I went to see it and we both enjoyed it. I admit I was a little skeptical but it turned out to be a very good story. I think one of the reasons some of the critics didn't like it is because there were no big name stars in it, I'm glad there was none.

I noticed years ago that if the critics and newspapers pan the movie, it turns out to be a good movie. Their agenda is on the opposite spectrum as mine. When they say it sucks, I'll go see it...works every time.

I use the same logic when filling out my mail in ballot. I look at the "Tampa Bay TImes" newspaper as it has a "We recommend _____ for the office of _____. Then I vote AGAINST that person almost 100% of the time.

Me and my gal will probably go see this movie based upon the recommendations here. Thanks folks.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, Cypress Sun said:

I noticed years ago that if the critics and newspapers pan the movie, it turns out to be a good movie. Their agenda is on the opposite spectrum as mine. When they say it sucks, I'll go see it...works every time.

I use the same logic when filling out my mail in ballot. I look at the "Tampa Bay TImes" newspaper as it has a "We recommend _____ for the office of _____. Then I vote AGAINST that person almost 100% of the time.

Me and my gal will probably go see this movie based upon the recommendations here. Thanks folks.

Do you ever wonder if the media will eventually clue in that we no longer believe or trust them?

22 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Well... it was still a good movie.  :)

Looks pretty good!

Archived