SASS Wire Forum

FS: Uberti Cattleman in 44 mag-SPF

Hi all,

I purchased this used but in very fine condition a few months ago (didn't look like the prior owner shot it much; date of manufacture 1975). It has a brass grip frame about as large as a Ruger Superblackhawk and the frame itself is larger than a standard Uberti SAA clone.  Nice case coloring and plum barrel and I liked it very much.  It worked fine and shot well on, but high with my 44 special loads.  I decided to send it off to a well known CAS gunsmith (PM me if you want/need further info; I won't post names here) and asked if he could weld on a bit of metal to the top of the existing front sight and make it taller. He agreed and two months later (this past week), I received it back and am thoroughly upset and dissappointed in the quality of the work.  The front sight is taller, but very thinned and tilted to the left. There are some filing marks on the barrel where he must have slipped while thinning the sight and everything has been sloppily covered with cold blue. The only way I can see to fix this would be to remove the front sight and put in a dove tail new sight.  I am too unhappy with it, though, and don't want to spend any more money on it (already have over 500 in it); I just want it out of the safe and gone, so I am offering it as is for $200 plus $35 shipping from my FFL to your FFL. USPS MO or personal check ok.

image.jpeg.189ad22e531d7bff7420186eec767d76.jpegimage.jpeg.7705b02480ec9a89e1090427b959ee88.jpeg

image.jpeg.42fd1fdbbe437f78a918c24d3c0dd029.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.86e149b788babdef70acbc83691be8d0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7bf4d63d1279b100f052e3ce142064cf.jpeg

• Jackson Haller changed the title to FS: Uberti Cattleman in 44 mag-SPF

That's frustrating. I think I would have had to call and state my displeasure. This should have never went out the door. In my opinion, this looks like a high school welding class student did the work. I can't see a true professional being happy. They should have replaced the barrel on their dime.

Archived