SASS Wire Forum

Man sells 3d printed guns to gun buyback

Rye Miles #13621

Looks like this guy took advantage of the system! Hurrah for him!

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-3D-printed-gun-buyback-program-17345782.php

“The man, who chose to remain anonymous, told Fox 26 that "the goal was not personal profit, but to send [Houston leaders] a message about spending $1 million tax dollars on something that has no evidence of any effect on crime." 

I’m calling bs on this one.

Pretty anemic prices...

The article says that if they do another buyback they won't take those 3d printed guns. It also mentioned the dollar amount per gun as $50 for broken guns and $150 per functioning handgun, $100-200 for shotguns and rifles. I wonder if these were not fully functional handguns that maybe only needed a part or two to function.

In the future if they won't take them are they then defining them as not being firearms?

50 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Pretty anemic prices...

$50 for inoperable guns and $200 for operable guns,

18 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

$50 for inoperable guns and $200 for operable guns,

Exactly.

I have a few I'd sell for, oh let's say... $55,000 a piece. Most expensive Rugers ever. ;)

The JM Marlins will however, will be a sight more.

Having 60 plus 'home made' firearms all the same might be hard pressed to show he wasn't manufacturing. And who at the buyback was the ffl for all the transfers?

I don't have a gun that I'd sell for $200.00.  I have several at many times that amount, but I'll bust them up with  sledge hammer before I let the government have them.

And when are they going to stop calling this kind of government rip off a "BUY BACK"!  How can anyone "buy back" something they never owned in the first place?

I've got an old Western Auto .22 bolt action rifle that I have been holding on to for years.  I'm waiting for a buy back to unload it.   It actually fires but the sites are gone and its been a single shot since the tube feeding parts were scrapped about 30 years ago.  I'm just patiently waiting to do my part for a safer society.

17 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I don't have a gun that I'd sell for $200.00.  I have several at many times that amount, but I'll bust them up with  sledge hammer before I let the government have them.

Same here. I've got a Jennings J-22 pistol and a Stevens .22 bolt-action rifle, both 100% functional but only worth about $50 apiece. I still would rather take a hacksaw or cutting wheel to them and throw them in the trash than "surrender" them or let the government "buy them back", whichever BS catchphrase they want to use.

1 hour ago, Rooster Cognizant said:

I love it. People have turned in functional Home Depot $7.00 shotguns in gun buybacks for years. 

ghostguns.jpg

IF YOU AIN’T WINNING THE GAME, CHANGE THE RULES!!!

Just one more example, among many examples, of how stupid big city mayors can be. Just because he is a mayor in the Red State of Texas, doesn't mean our big cities here are exempt from stupid mayors, and stupid ideas. 

I love it that their ignorance cost them some money, and caused them some embarrassment.  :lol:

Stupid is, as stupid does. 

Archived