SASS Wire Forum

new compliment for my better half

Trigger Mike

I was chatting with my bride of 36 years and a new compliment hit me.  I have often viewed Wilson Combat as about the best 1911 you can get.  I know some feel differently but she knows how many years I saved up to afford a Wilson 1911.  I also view Shelby as the pinnacle of cars and trucks.  So tonight I told her she is the Wilson Shelby of women.  The pinnacle of a mans search for the best.

im not sure mine would see that as a compliment even tho i would agree with you , my better half has a very high opinion of herself and would not choose to be compared to guns or cars i care about , im not sure she really cares what i care about as long as i care about her these days , we have been married 32 years and i think she might like me to hang around a bit longer tho , 

I'd class that compliment together with buying her a vacuum cleaner for her anniversary.   Long ago I Iearned that things with electric cords don't make good gifts for wives. 

But a Shelby/Wilson? I hope you like camping out on the couch with the dog.

I have learned that comparing one’s wife to mechanical equipment may lead to unusual environmental breakdowns of sorts. The temperature drops or it could get really hot. The general feel of the environment gets uncomfortable. 

7 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

She smiled .  She knew what I meant.  Maybe it was a good delivery.   

It's always important to know your audience.

Power river cowboy you gave me an idea.  Next time I make her mad I could recite the line where wilson floated away in the movie, in my best Tom Hanks, "WILSON,  I'm sorry wilson.  "

I already did the cape for super angry someone on the forum suggested.   I nearly died laughing as I was about to do it and proceeded to do it as she went from super angry to bewildered at what in the world was I laughing at.  Then supper angry again at what I did but was still laughing. 

Turns out I needed that new idea much sooner than I anticipated.   She made a jimmie dean breakfast bowl for my son so he could eat before work.  He didn't go.  I needed to go meet a roofer at a rental so she said I could eat what she made him though it had been sitting there for 30 minutes and is not diabetic friendly.   

Then the roofer overslept so I could have eaten with every else and complained I didn't have  to have garbage for breakfast.   Whoops.  

So I did it, I said "I'm sorry wilson.  "  I love her because she puts up with me. 

Archived