SASS Wire Forum

Convicts

Alpo

The sum knowledge I have of convicts comes from prison movies. In these movies you are required to have your sleeves roll down, shirt tail tucked in, and your shirt buttoned up all the way to the collar.

This is the movie THREE FUGITIVES. Nick Nolte is being released.

Notice his sleeves are rolled up, his shirt is unbuttoned, and it is not tucked in.

Are current-day convicts allowed to go around like that? In other words, have the uniform regulations been relaxed? :P

1256493918_IMG_20220803_1816211912.thumb.jpg.2edc1020ba172a4f7c33a9839b7d75bd.jpg

Having been involved with a prison ministry for some 12 years in a maximum security Texas prison (Robertson Unit) I assure you 99% of what you see in TV and the movies is Bravo Sierra, at least here. In Texas they wear what look like white pajamas. Some pretty ratty t shirts and tank tops when it's hot (no AC).Don't know what they wear other places. They come in all colors, shapes and sizes.

JHC

The only prison I have set foot in was Greensburg Correctional in PA to visit my Dad when I was a kid. They all wore utility type clothes like from Dickies. Hard core wore purple. Less severe criminals wore either blue or brown. My Dad wore blue. He wrote a crap load of bad checks then blew the money in Vegas. He went to prison. Idiot. 

41 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The only prison I have set foot in was Greensburg Correctional in PA to visit my Dad when I was a kid. They all wore utility type clothes like from Dickies. Hard core wore purple. Less severe criminals wore either blue or brown. My Dad wore blue. He wrote a crap load of bad checks then blew the money in Vegas. He went to prison. Idiot. 

You and me might be related, same dad, different mother.

Depends on the facility.

I've only been to the Cuyahoga County Jail in downtown Cleveland and they were wearing orange jumpsuit type uniforms. 

I wasn't in jail, I was visiting my niece who is a public defender and her office is in the same building. 

I think the female prisoners wear a different color maybe a red or maroon.

1 hour ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Careful, if the "woke" crowd hears you calling them "convicts", they will get mightily upset with you and might even start crying.

They are "tenants of government run housing".  :blink:

The official term here is offender.

JHC

I've been in one of our Maximum Security Facilities "Millhaven" where our "Lifers and Twenty-five+ Year Men" are housed, looking over their shop facilities, to determine what we could buy from "Corcan Industries"

I pushed a resolution through City Council to buy from them directly, with no tender.

They produced some nice wooden lobby furniture and did some nice steel furniture and file cabinet refurbishing for me.

In our prison system and their workshops, inmates compete for the jobs and there is keen competition for the available positions.

They wore blue jeans and T-shirts when I was visiting.

I found it a strange sensation when those remotely operated double gates opened and closed in the fenced "entrapment" area on the way in. Kinda freaked me out the first time I visited the Deputy Warden i/c of the work shops.

Archived