SASS Wire Forum

Illowa Irregulars: Enjoy The Zen

Popcorn Kelly

And now for something a little different. A 5+ minute video with no introduction, no voiceovers, and no music. Enjoy the Zen and come see Camden Mills for yourself.  We just concluded the 2022 Illinois State Championship and are making plans for 2023.  

PK

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

im liking it a lot , im looking for a july shoot , whats the camping situation ? 

Illowa Irregulars is one of several shooting disciplines at the Milan Rifle Club.  We are able to offer on-site camping only during our large 3-day events, which in 2023 will be the Illinois State Championship planned for August, 2023  However, there are several campgrounds very close to the range that could be used for any of our regular monthly matches (3rd Sunday's except in Sept).  Here is some camping information from our website.  

• Rock Island/Quad Cities KOA is located on the north side of Andalusia Road, between our club and Milan, approximately 3.5 miles from the  club.  Reservations are generally required. Be aware that in the past, anyone visiting registered campers has been charged a small admission fee.
  • West Lake Park is located across the Mississippi River in Iowa, approximately 10 miles from the club. Access is via I-280, US 61 West, and County Road Y48 North. Sites are only available first come first served.  
  • Summit campground sites have electric and water hookups, while sites at Terrance Park campground also have sewer.

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

im liking it a lot , im looking for a july shoot , whats the camping situation ? 

There is dry camping on the range only on special occasions (this year that would be the Illinois State Match and Fall Roundup )  There is a county park over the river in Iowa that is 7 minutes from the range.  That would be West Lake Park --https://www.scottcountyiowa.gov/conservation/west-lake

Hope to see you soon. 

Chancy Shot

Man, that Popcorn is fast with the keyboard

thanks guys , im going to talk to my friends about adding that shoot to our itinerary next year for sure , we need a july shoot , we are a group spread over three states that have been friends a long time and like these occasions to get together , im thinking you will see us next year , as to a monthly - thats a long way for any of us but ill look at it , as a displaced iowegeion im not adverse to camping there , only drawback is i may have to visit family on the trip , nut the upside is they are on the way down , i did live in davenport for abut three years - worked in east moline 

I shot at this range the weekend before EOT in Indiana. Very nice range and people. I had a great time. If you have a chance to shoot there don't hesitate.

Archived