SASS Wire Forum

Disappointed in Dillon

Never thought I would say that!   I have had many  machines over the years.  Met Mike Dillon about a

hundred years ago at a NRA convention.  He was by himself with one machine mounted on a small

table.  That was it.  Been a loyal customer ever since.   Now to the present...,,need to relube  my XL650.

Always go to web site and follow their direction from a to z.   Now it is gone......only a bunch of individual

short on various parts of machine.   Called Dillon no help.    Ratz.

Yep, they moved to their new location in North Scottsdale in early summer and have had phone and internet site problems since. 

good luck to them too, GJ

I have a copy of the May 2007 Dillon 650 manual in pdf form.  Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

I literally just serviced my 2 650s using the online manual maybe 2 months ago. I will look for the link. 

JEL

1 hour ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Yep, they moved to their new location in North Scottsdale in early summer and have had phone and internet site problems since. 

good luck to them too, GJ

Did they move from the location at the north end of Scottsdale airport?

Being friends with a few Dillon employees, and getting pointers on operation, they always said the presses were designed to be lubed with 30w and axle grease. 

If it spins or rotates, oil it, if it slides, grease it.

1 hour ago, Howlin Mad Murdock SASS #4037 said:

If it spins or rotates, oil it, if it slides, grease it.

That's not correct, if it's sealed, grease it;  if you can access it, oil it.  

9 hours ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

Never thought I would say that!   I have had many  machines over the years.  Met Mike Dillon about a

hundred years ago at a NRA convention.  He was by himself with one machine mounted on a small

table.  That was it.  Been a loyal customer ever since.   Now to the present...,,need to relube  my XL650.

Always go to web site and follow their direction from a to z.   Now it is gone......only a bunch of individual

short on various parts of machine.   Called Dillon no help.    Ratz.

Can't help with the issue, but how the hell are you?  Haven't seen you since we moved out west!  If you want to chat, shoot me a message.

Doc

Archived