SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun beats rifle -- or should I say old man beats punk

Alpo

Guy comes into a liquor store with a rifle and an accomplice. Out in the parking lot they're stolen getaway car has a third guy getting out of it, also with a rifle. When he hears the shotgun, and quickly gets back in the car. The two already inside come charging out, one of them screaming HE SHOT MY ARM OFF!!

Surprisingly, to me anyway, the LA police do NOT arrest the store owner. It seems that using a firearm for self defense is still legal in California. Who knew? :huh:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/caught-on-video-store-owner-shotgun-blast/

9 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Surprisingly, to me anyway, the LA police do NOT arrest the store owner. It seems that using a firearm for self defense is still legal in California. Who knew?

It's been said here many times that when it comes to armed self defense California is pretty good at allowing it.  

There was even a home invasion case in Lake County , Kelseyville I think, where the resident followed the thugs outside, stalked them around the house, and shot one or two of them. He told the cops that he was afraid to let them get away because they might have come back and killed him.   No charges against him.

1 minute ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

According to the news here this morning, that owner had a minor heart attack after the shooting, but is recovering and expects to be back to work very soon. 

Pretty nerve racking situation for an 80 yr old. God bless him I hope he’s okay!

8 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Am I the only one who had a bit of a smile with "He shot my arm off"?

Nope, I actually chuckled, made an inappropriate comment and shared with my wife for her enjoyments. Oh well. Loved the scream!

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

So defending yourself with a firearm is pretty much okay.

Getting the firearm in the first place - that's the problem?

Some extra hoops to jump through, and that stupid ten day " cooling off" period. Also the bribe to the State that more manufacturers are refusing to pay to put handguns on the safe firearms list means a reduced selection of new handguns.

Our Верховный Совет passed a raft of new anti-civil rights laws and Генеральный секретарь Newsom signed them into law in retaliation for the US Supreme Court restoring civil rights.

But in general it isn't that hard to legally buy firearms.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Surprisingly, to me anyway, the LA police do NOT arrest the store owner. It seems that using a firearm for self defense is still legal in California. Who knew? :huh:

Norco is not in Los Angeles or Los Angeles County.  It's in Riverside County.  One of the last remaining pieces of the "old west".  

BTW - Norco is home to The Cowboys, the first SASS club.

20 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Am I the only one who had a bit of a smile with "He shot my arm off"?

I laughed my butt off!!!

14 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I saw some comments where they were praising the store owner for installing clear video and sound outside the store to allow everyone to hear the crying criminals.

Sure helps when it comes to the proving that you are in the right.

Wonder what kind of shotgun and what load he was using?  My concern is that the sheiskopfs don't get out of jail and come back to do him in!  Supposedly the other perps are being held on $58,000 bond.  But for how long? :angry:  Crime will not lessen until the citizens get off their six o'clocks and vote the lax officials out!

I love it how much they cry  when the tables are turned on them..

Largo

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

So defending yourself with a firearm is pretty much okay.

Getting the firearm in the first place - that's the problem?

Defending yourself has a lot to do with the City /  County / State you are in at the time. Some counties like Los Angles and San Francisco counties have ultra progressive DAs that will nail you to the wall if given half a chance while letting the poor defenseless misguided criminal a free pass. :angry::(.  This is true in many other places as well.

Remember the NYC store clerk that defended himself with a knife when attacked behind the counter a couple weeks ago. The DA had him arrested and charged with murder. Can you imagine defending yourself and you wind up in jail facing a murder charge? 

Guy was finally released after the overwhelming public outcry.

I wished it had been #1 buck, then that thug's arm would have been shot off, and he would have bled out and died on the spot.
Bummer about the old fella having a heart attack right afterward.
I hope he heals up well.

I'm 80 years old, too.

DON'T SCREW WITH OLD GUYS.  IF THEY ARE ARRESTED THEY'LL GET OUT ON BAIL AND PROBABLY DIE BEFORE THE CASE GETS TO THE COURTS....AND IF CONVICTED, AT THAT AGE A LIFE SENTENCE ISN'T MUCH OF A DETERRENT!

Think about it.

Archived