SASS Wire Forum

Explaining colours to a blind person

Quiet Burp

There was an episode of "Simon & Simon'' where Gerald McRaney tries to explain color to a blind girl. He had her feel a sweater, warm soft, that was brown, something hot was red, ice was blue. I remember it because I thought that was about as good a way as there was. Can't find that episode online anywhere.

Don't know if it was the same episode, but I remember seeing something like that. Had the blind person holding a cotton ball. Told them that was white.

They did the she thing in the movie Mask. The true story of Rocky Dennis. He described colors and adjectives to her. He used cold for blue, red for hot, cotton for billowy, 

JEL

2 hours ago, John E. Law said:

They did the she thing in the movie Mask. The true story of Rocky Dennis. He described colors and adjectives to her. He used cold for blue, red for hot, cotton for billowy, 

JEL

That was it. It wasn't Simon and Simon. I saw that movie.  Thumbsup.gif.0318cc5b29bed750ba2ea4aa69555662.gif

In the Modesty Blaise books they have this girl, Diana, who is blind. She has some interesting understanding of things you can't see.

Modesty sounds like suede feels.

Willie smells like the sound of a trumpet.

Very strange young lady.

Archived