SASS Wire Forum

Randall "Tex" Cobb on the Tonight Show and at a roast for Larry Holmes

Chantry

Long time movie & TV tough guy and bad guy, I never would have guessed he was so funny. A quote attributed to him: "I was never knocked down in a boxing or kick-boxing match, but I was knocked out cold in a bar fight by a Mexican bantamweight. How? "Two of my friends were swinging him around by his ankles at the time."

Interview with Johnny

At the Larry Holmes Roast.  NFSW and not PC, but really funny

I’m fairly well acquainted with Tex; him and I used to have eat-offs at Willie’s FOJ shindigs. I’ve never known anyone as comfortable in their own skin in any situation as Tex, the man is a an absolute hoot and doesn’t know how to be anyone but himself.

A buddy of mine also knows Tex, and the first time Tex was mentioned in conversation he goes “have you ever seen him eat?” I hawed.

His story, he had met Tex at a big music industry party and said Tex walked in, commandeered an entire platter of deviled eggs and was shoveling them in as he was making the rounds to the other guests. Once the eggs were gone, so was Tex. 

40 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

“His eyes are brown…” :lol:

Smoothest put down without a swear word ever. 

Well they cut out the, “He’s so full of s***…. “,  as well as some swear words at the beginning of the interview so….

8 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Well the cut out the, “He’s so full of s***…. “,  as well as some swear words at the beginning of the interview so….

I didn’t catch that. They muffled it. I just liked that line…probably because I have brown eyes and if someone says “You’re full of it” I can say, “well, I do have brown eyes”. :lol:

Archived